Oh what a FUN color challenge today over on Create with Connie and Mary! I thought it was perfect for the High Tide Designer Paper package, so I grabbed it to use on my card.
Here's my card using Hello Sailor stamp set. I bought this set mainly for the greeting "You're My Best Mate!" Love it…perfect for my husband as he has had many boats over the years!
Here are the details:
- I used a 4 1/4 x 11 base of Summer Starfruit, folded in half.
- I cut a 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Whisper White, and used the Deco Label Framelit to cut out the shape. Then I used Pacific Point Ink to place the greeting on the base Summer Starfruit cardstock.
- Along the bottom, I cut a 2 1/2 x 4 piece of High Tide Designer Paper and adhered it to the bottom. Along the seam, I added a 1/2 x 4 piece of Pacific Point Cardstock.
- I used White Bakers Twine and wrapped it around several times to resemble nautical rope!
- I stamped the Wheel from Hello Sailor with Pacific Point on Whisper White and used the Circle Framelits to cut it out, then layered it on another circle of Pacific Point. In the center I placed an Vintage Button Brad.
- I punched out some Banner punches from the High Tide Designer Paper and lined them up along the White Baker's Twine.
I'm happy with how it turned out! Make sure to check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did this week with the color challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary! And…check out our PREVIEW WEEK for the new Card Create-tions 2014 Edition that starts next Sunday! It's all about cards! Over 72 EXCLUSIVE cards using 18 stamp sets from the main and Occasions catalogs! Don't miss out…sign up today!