We have a fun sketch challenge for you to try over on Create with Connie and Mary! My mind went several different ways when I saw the sketch. I ended up deciding to use Stampin' Up!'s Eggstra Spectacular one more time before Easter! I think it turned out kind of fun! But, I really LOVE what the rest of the Challenge Team did! Make sure to check them out over on Create with Connie and Mary this week!
And here is my card! Aren't the bright Easter Eggs fun? I can hardly wait for our grandson, Carter, to enjoy his first Easter Egg "hunt".
- The base is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Strawberry Slush cardstock, folded in half.
- I embossed the top 2/3 of the 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Whisper White with the Perfect Polka Dots folder.
- Along the bottom, I added a 1 x 5 1/4 piece of Kaleidoscope Designer Paper, then a small strip of Basic Black cardstock to hide the seam.
- I stamped the egg from Eggstra Spectacular three times with Black Stazon on Crushed Curry, Strawberry Slush and Bermuda Bay cardstock, then punched with the Extra Large Oval Punch. They are popped up on the front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Since the eggs had the "greeting", I stamped the row of Easter eggs with Black Stazon on Whisper White and colored with Markers. I cut a flag end and placed the strip across the eggs.
- Finally, I added a small Petite Petals flower of Crushed Curry with an Itty Bitty Flower Punch of Strawberry Slush to the end, with a Rhinestone in the center.
Kind of fun and unusual Easter card, don't you think? I had fun with it!
It's not too late to join Card "Create"tions 2014! We are in the almost at the end of our session, BUT, our website stays up for almost a year so you can refer back to the EXCLUSIVE card ideas! Each card set could be a FULL class…and the weekly favor as a bonus! More details over on Create with Connie and Mary! For $19.95 US, you are getting 72 EXCLUSIVE card ideas from 18 different stap!