It’s Thursday and time for the Create with Connie and Mary weekly challenge! Our theme this week is a Color Challenge and I absolutely LOVE them together! Of course, they scream FALL colors to me!
I wanted to show off the Reason for the Season stamp set in a non-Christmas fashion! I’ve used the punch alone a couple times to make sunflowers, this time, I used the stamp set and coordinating punch to make the non-Poinsettia flower! Love that I can use it more than one way!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Hello Honey folded in half.
- Cut the Into the Woods woodgrain DSP to 2-1/4 x 5-1/4 and layer on 2-1/2 x 5-1/4 Soft Suede cardstock, then add to the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White.
- Stamp You’re in my Thoughts from Watercolor Wishes stamp set with Mossy Meadow Ink in the lower left corner.
- Stamp the Reason for the Season large petal 9 times on Hello Honey with Hello Honey ink and 4 times on Mossy Meadow with Mossy Meadow Ink. Stamp the smaller duo petal leaf twice with Hello Honey ink on Hello Honey cardstock. Punch all with the Festive Flower Builder Punch. Sponge around the edges with their coordinating ink and sponge dauber.
- I find it easier to put together by punching a 2″ circle from scrap cardstock, then apply adhesive all over it. Begin curving the petals and attach to the circle.
- Cover the center with a 1-1/4 punched circle of Mossy Meadow, stamped with the Poinsettia image for a textured look.
- Add a Perfect White Accent to the center of the flower.
- Adhere the flower and leaves to the card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
That’s it! Pretty flower, isn’t it? Make sure to check out the rest of the Create with Connie and Mary Challenge Team to see what they did with the color challenge this week!