Hello all! Happy St. Patrick’s Day! First…can I get you to say a little prayer for my son…he’s having surgery today due to a sports injury…and will be laid up for about 4-5 weeks! With a 17 month old and a new baby on the way, things will be crazy, I’m sure! I’ll be helping out as much as I can.
But, it’s time for the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge! It’s a pretty color combination and, of course, perfect for flowers, so that’s the direction I went! Some really awesome cards this week from our Challenge Team, so make sure to check them out over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Here’s my card. I don’t know why, but I feel like my Watermelon Wonder Ink is more red than dark pink! Oh well!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Thick Whisper White, folded in half.
- On the 3-3/4 x 5 layer of Whisper White, I started by stamping the flourish in Timeless Textures twice with Soft Suede Ink. Then I added leaves from What I Love (a FREE SAB set) with Mossy Meadow Ink, and some splatters in Timeless Textures with Watermelon Wonder Ink. This layer is added to the base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The full inside image of the flower is stamped twice with Watermelon Wonder Ink on scrap Whisper White, then Soft Suede added with the outline image, they were hand-cut out and placed over the background images with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Several small pearls were added in a cluster for each flower.
- Thank You from What I Love was stamped with Tuxedo Black Ink close to the images.
That’s it! A CAS design! I love it!
It’s not too late to join us! We just opened the March 2016 MINI SESSION and it is only $8.95 US with a projects using stamp sets from the Occasions Catalog!
* Each session includes FIVE step-by-step tutorials for projects…THREE card sets, each with 4 cards and TWO 3D items…perfect for your club or stamp camp!
Sign up for both March and April and we have a FUN Bonus project for you designed by Mary Brown! Head over to Create with Connie and Mary to sign up now!