Another week has rolled by and it is Thursday again and time for the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday challenge! I used this week’s design to create a very CAS design on my card. It took the longest to cut out the flower and leaves!
Here’s my card using the stamp set Blooms & Wishes. Love that an “all occasion” stamp set can be converted into a Christmas theme just by apply colors, a Christmas greeting and DSP!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Cherry Cobbler cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White.
- Across the White is a 1/2″ strip of Presents & Pinecones Designer Paper (LOVE that stripe!).
- Under the DSP is the greeting from Holly Berry Happiness (I also LOVE the greetings in this set!) stamped in Emerald Envy Ink.
- The flower from Blooms & Wishes was stamped full strength with Real Red Ink, then turned slightly and stamped off again to give a fullness to the bloom. It was hand-cut out.
- The leaves are the same stamp image, inked with Emerald Envy and stamped, then hand-cut out the petals individually for the leaves. They were adhered with Tombow Monoadhesive Glue to the back of the flowers.
- In the center is a Metal Rimmed Pearl.
- The flower was popped up on the front of the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals!
Make sure you check out the rest of the Thursday Challenge Team over on Create with Connie and Mary to see what they have done with the sketch this week! Lots of great ideas for using this CAS design! And…we just opened the December Mini Session featuring products from the Occasions and Sale-A-Bration brochures. It’s not too late to join and get some ideas for your classes or personal use!