My mom loves lighthouses, so this stamp set in the new Occasions catalog caught my eye right away! I really wanted to use it for this week’s Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge, and I think I managed it!
Here’s my design:
I thought the Pool Party would be great for water and the Flirty Flamingo for the morning sky! Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Pool Party cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Smoky Slate cardstock.
- Spritz the 3-3/4 x 5 layer of Whisper White with water, and use an AquaPainter and Pool Party Ink Pad to watercolor along the bottom; Flirty Flamingo Ink Pad and the AquaPainter painted the sky. Let dry.
- Use the small ground stamp with Smoky Slate Ink along the left side of the water. Stamp the “waves” in the water with Pool Party Ink.
- Stamp the lighthouse base with Smoky Slate Ink and the top with Flirty Flamingo Ink on top of the ground.
- Stamp some sea oats with Smoky Slate Ink around the lighthouse.
- Ink up three small birds with Smoky Slate Marker and stamp on the front.
- Stamp the greeting with Memento Black Ink.
I LOVE it!!! Make sure to check out the rest of the Challenge Team’s ideas over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Jenny Engelke says
Oh my goodness, this is gorgeous in these colors! I was late in getting my new stuff ordered, so my set just arrived in the mail yesterday! I’m so excited to be able to play with it though. Your card is awesome and holds a ton of inspiration!
BOBBI MILLER says
WOW! What a beauty this is! I adore anything related to water. (I’m a Pisces) 🙂 This set is on my next order. Thanks for the inspiration.
Carol Carriveau says
Great colors….hope your mom loves the card……know she will!
Happy New Year Connie!
Really wonderful design and way to use those colors. Lovely!
Lisa Martz says
My mother loves lighthouses also! The reason I bought this set! I love this sample and the one for our swap! Nicely done!