My mom loves lighthouses, so this stamp set in the new Occasions catalog caught my eye right away! I really wanted to use it for this week’s Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge, and I think I managed it!
Here’s my design:
I thought the Pool Party would be great for water and the Flirty Flamingo for the morning sky! Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Pool Party cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Smoky Slate cardstock.
- Spritz the 3-3/4 x 5 layer of Whisper White with water, and use an AquaPainter and Pool Party Ink Pad to watercolor along the bottom; Flirty Flamingo Ink Pad and the AquaPainter painted the sky. Let dry.
- Use the small ground stamp with Smoky Slate Ink along the left side of the water. Stamp the “waves” in the water with Pool Party Ink.
- Stamp the lighthouse base with Smoky Slate Ink and the top with Flirty Flamingo Ink on top of the ground.
- Stamp some sea oats with Smoky Slate Ink around the lighthouse.
- Ink up three small birds with Smoky Slate Marker and stamp on the front.
- Stamp the greeting with Memento Black Ink.
I LOVE it!!! Make sure to check out the rest of the Challenge Team’s ideas over on Create with Connie and Mary!