I’m sure some of you are wondering why my posts are so sporatic! Well, our house went into contract unexpectedly a couple weeks ago and things have been moving fast. Like us having to find a home to move into! lol! We’ll officially move at the end of May! Isn’t that crazy that Mary and I would move almost at the same time after living in the same homes for a LONG time! So…I’ve been purging and cleaning. Getting ready for my BIG Moving Sale and another Craft Sale before the move! Yikes!
This week’s Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge is a soft and different color combination! I wondered what direction to go…
But, here’s my card. I love the simplicity of it!
I think this will be my MIL’s Mother’s Day card…somehow it reminds me of her with the hat!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Tip Top Taupe cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- A 2-1/2 x 3-1/2 piece of Blooms & Bliss designer Paper was placed on top.
- The lady from Beautiful You was stamped with Black Archival Ink on Whisper White and stamped her dress with Mint Macaron Ink.
- The hat was watercolored with Tip Top Taupe Ink and the skin-tone with Blushing Bride.
- It was cut with the Layering Oval Framelit.
- A 3/4 x 4 piece of Old Olive was cut with flag ends, then added to the front with the Oval popped up on top with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The small flower was cut from Whisper White with the Oh So Succulent Framelits and a 1/4″ Circle of Mint Macaron added to the center. It was placed on the front with a Mini Glue Dot.
- Celebrate from the Beautiful You set was stamped with Black Archival Ink.
That’s it! See…simple yet really pretty, I think!