Well, today is THE day…I could use some positive thoughts and many prayers today! I’m having total knee replacement on my right knee. I’ve endured over 2 years with a painful knee and am finally doing it! Hopefully my recovery will be QUICK! I’m looking forward to walking again easily!
I’ve had sunflowers on the brain for the past week or so, and then I saw the sketch for this week and just knew I had to incorporate a large sunflower! I love the ones I’ve seen using the Eastern Beauty Bundle…so here’s my version.
The sketch looks more square, but I went with the traditional rectangle shape for my card.
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Daffodil Delight cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White cardstock.
- Down the left side is a 1-1/2 x 5-1/4 strip of Painted Autumn Designer Paper (LOVE!)
- The greeting from Eastern Beauty was stamped with Early Espresso Ink. This greeting seems to fit perfectly with the sunflower “face”…and seeing them always makes me smile!
- The sunflower was made with two of the Eastern Medallions cut from Daffodil Delight cardstock and layered together.
- The center was stamped with the circle in Eastern Beauty stamp set, then punched with the 2″ Circle Punch. It was embossed with the Softly Falling Embossing Folder. It was added to the “petals”, then to the front of the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The “leaves” were made by stamping the Eastern Beauty image with Old Olive Ink on Old Olive cardstock, then separating the petals to form the leaves. They were tucked behind the sunflower on the front.
- A bow of Crushed Curry Baker’s Twine was tied in a knot and added to the center of the flower with Mini Glue Dot.
- Yellow Glimmer Dots were added in the background.
I LOVE how this card turned out! OK…check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did this week with the sketch over at Create with Connie and Mary! I can’t wait to see! AND…check out our August 2017 Mini Session that OPENS TOMORROW! We also have a BONUS project with purchase using the Carols of Christmas stamp set, available now to customers…that you will LOVE!
- Our mini sessions include the instructions for 14 projects with full step-by-step tutorials:
- Each mini session includes TWELVE unique cards featuring three stamp sets, and
- Each mini session includes TWO 3D items perfect projects for your club, classes, stamp camps or gifts
- All 14 project tutorials are available once the mini session opens so you immediately have all project tutorials right there at your fingertips
- All designs and tutorials are EXCLUSIVELY for subscribers and will not be posted anywhere else online. All for only $8.95 US!
See details at Create with Connie and Mary!