It’s Thursday and time for another Create with Connie and Mary challenge…it’s a fun color challenge! I originally made this card for this challenge…and loved it SO much that I just had to use it in my Wood Words Bundle class earlier this month! I did adapt it a little by using the Wood Textures DSP for them instead of the Pinewood Planks Embossing folder, as that DSP was part of their class. But, it’s just so fun and the colors are just SUPER cute and really lighten up this set which I tend to think is more rustic!
Here’s my card:
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Thick Whisper White cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Smoky Slate cardstock was embossed with the Pinewood Planks Embossed Folder.
- At the bottom is a 2 x 5-1/4 piece of Lemon Lime Twist that I stamped several times across with the floral image in Wood Words Stamp Set. I love that I can make “designer paper” in any color!
- A length of Bermuda Bay 3/8 Mini Chevron Ribbon was added across the front and adhered in back.
- I stamped the little images in Wood Words with Smoky Slate or Bermuda Bay Ink on Whisper White and cut with the Wood Crate Framelits. The tag was stamped with the greeting in Memento Black Ink and cut with the Tag Framelit. A 1/8″ Hole was punched in the top of each of the shapes.
- I added a length of Linen Thread on top of the ribbon and threaded each of the shapes thru, then secured them in place with a Stampin’ Dimensional. An extra length of Linen Thread was tied in a bow and added to the front with a Mini Glue Dot.
- The Hello Friend greeting was stamped with Memento Black on scrap Basic Black, then rounded the corners and tucked it under the ribbon.
- A few Glimmer Dots were added to the star and to the background for a little “glam”!
OK…did I say how much I really LOVE this card? lol! Check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did over on Create with Connie and Mary!
AND…it’s not too late to join our our August 2017 Mini Session! We have a BONUS project with purchase using the Carols of Christmas stamp set, available now to customers…that you will LOVE!
- Our mini sessions include the instructions for 14 projects with full step-by-step tutorials:
- Each mini session includes TWELVE unique cards featuring three stamp sets, and
- Each mini session includes TWO 3D items perfect projects for your club, classes, stamp camps or gifts
- All 14 project tutorials are available once the mini session opens so you immediately have all project tutorials right there at your fingertips
- All designs and tutorials are EXCLUSIVELY for subscribers and will not be posted anywhere else online. All for only $8.95 US!
See details at Create with Connie and Mary!