It’s Thursday and time for the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge. I LOVE the sketch this week…my mind was going SO many different directions with it. However, I just viewed the 3rd quarter update video from Sara Douglass at Stampin’ Up! and she named the top performers in sales from the Holiday Catalog so far (is anyone surprised it is Painted Harvest?) And she mentioned that Seasonal Lantern needed some love! I was so surprised! I think the Lantern idea was SO different and loved the different options to put in the lanterns. I thought it would be a big seller. In fact, my project for the October 2017 Create with Connie and Mary Mini Session was a card set using this bundle! I loved how my cards turned out!
I decided to use it again on my challenge card today!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Thick Very Vanilla, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- Across the front are two 3/8 x 5-1/2 strips of Painted Autumn Designer Paper.
- A 2-1/2 x 4 piece of Crushed Curry was added to the background, then a 2-1/2 x 3-1/4 piece of Painted Autumn Designer Paper on top of it.
- The lantern from Seasonal Lantern stamp set was stamped with Cajun Craze on Very Vanilla and cut with the Lantern Builder Framelits.
- Inside, the acorns were cut from the Painted Autumn DSP and stacked.
- The bow from Seasonal Lantern was stamped with Early Espresso on Crushed Curry cardstock, then cut with the Framelits and attached with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Two leaves were cut from Lemon Lime Twist with the Framelits, too, and tucked under the bow.
- Autumn Greetings from the same stamp set was stamped with Cajun Craze Ink on 1/2 strip of Very Vanilla, cut apart and added to the side of the Lantern.
OK…check out the rest of the Challenge Team over on Create with Connie and Mary. AND…we are now taking signups for our fabulous November 2017 mini session that will be opening soon! Here’s a sneak peek!
We are featuring products from the NEW HOLIDAY Catalog! Don’t forget…get the FREE Be Merry Kit Bonus project when you purchase October & November together!
- Our mini sessions include the instructions for 14 projects with full step-by-step tutorials:
- Each mini session includes TWELVE unique cards featuring three stamp sets, and
- Each mini session includes TWO 3D items perfect projects for your club, classes, stamp camps or gifts
- All 14 project tutorials are available once the mini session opens so you immediately have all project tutorials right there at your fingertips
- All designs and tutorials are EXCLUSIVELY for subscribers and will not be posted anywhere else online. All for only $8.95 US!
See details at Create with Connie and Mary!