We have a new challenge for you today over on Create with Connie and Mary! It’s a lovely color challenge. Being so close to Valentine’s Day, my first instinct was to make a Valentine card with the fabulous Painted Love Designer Paper. However, I challenged myself to do a non-Valentine using that paper! I really think it is great for flowers, too!
While I was in Florida, I played with my girlfriend’s Petal Palette stamp set and made this card to fit the challenge. Well, it has a TOUCH of green for the leaves…but I think stays pretty close to the challenge, don’t you? I also happen to LOVE lavender roses, so this worked out great!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Rich Razzleberry cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White cardstock, a 1-1/4 x 5-1/4 piece of the Painted Love Designer Paper was added towards the bottom.
- A 1/2 x 5-1/4 strip of the striped DSP was added along the top of the DSP.
- The lacy Thinlit from Petals & More was cut from Rich Razzleberry cardstock and tucked slightly under the striped DSP.
- The flowers from Petal Palette were stamped with Basic Black Archival Ink, then watercolored with an AquaPainter and Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo and Old Olive Markers. They were cut out with the Petals & More Thinlits.
- Two branches were cut with the Thinlits from Calypso Coral cardstock and added to the front.
- The flowers were added on top with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Best Wishes was stamped with Basic Black Archival Ink.
OK…check out what our fabulous Challenge Team did with this color challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary! And…check out our brand new Bubble Over Collection Class Kit to go!
Our BRAND NEW Bubble Over Collection Class Kit to Go is NOW AVAILABLE! We have four different options for you to choose from…with step-by-step photo tutorials that are easy to follow! You’ll get 3 card ideas (one a special fold) and one 3D project…I think it is perfect for craft fairs! Check out the details HERE!