Today we have a fun sketch for you to try over on Create with Connie and Mary! I knew I wanted the Sweet Soiree Designer Paper to be the star on my card, so the stamping is minimal…only the greeting from Sunshine Sayings is actually stamped! The entire card came together pretty quickly!
I went with using three different patterns in the background…and a fourth by cutting out one of the cakes from the DSP!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Marina Mist, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White cardstock.
- The Sweet Soiree Designer Paper was cut to 2-1/2 x 3-3/4 and two pieces cut 1-3/4 x 2-1/4, then added to the Whisper White layer.
- A scallop square was cut from Marina Mist with the Layering Squares Framelits.
- The Stitched Shape Framelit square was cut from Whisper White to fit inside the Marina Mist scallop square.
- One of the cakes was hand-cut from the Designer Paper and added to the stitched square with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A couple Rhinestones were added to the center of the flowers on the cake.
- Happy Birthday from Sunshine Sayings was stamped with Memento Black Ink on scrap Whisper White, then punched with the Classic Label punch.
NOTE: For my aunt’s 90th birthday, I’m giving her card and added the numbers 90 to the top of the cake cut from Silver Foil with retired Sizzix numbers. Love being able to personalize my cards this way!
OK…make sure to check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did over on Create with Connie and Mary with this sketch! Then grab your stamps and play along! Add your card to our Inlinkz at the end of the post!
It's Week 5 of our Christmas is Coming series and Connie and Mary are featuring the whimsical Spirited Snowmen stamp set from the Holiday Catalog! This is such a cute set and we had LOTS of fun designing with it! You'll get THREE card and ONE small 3D tutorials (perfect for craft fairs or a small gift!) with this week's Spirited Snowman Stamp Set for only $10! See the details HERE!