I love the color combination for today’s Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge…it makes me “Lots of Happy”! lol! It also inspires me to think of Spring…something Mother Nature isn’t doing a very good job of doing around here! More snow yesterday…I think we are way past the saying “three snows after the forsythia blooms”…it has been blooming and I think we’re on our fourth snow with more on the way! My girlfriends from the south coming in for a stamping retreat better bring their coats! lol!
This time of year I’m always on a mission to use up some of the Designer Paper in my stash that I know will be retiring! Whole Lot of Lovely is gorgeous…and has the colors from the challenge!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Peekaboo Peach cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 piece of Whole Lot of Lovely Designer Paper in the beautiful floral pattern with striking black background!
- Down the front is a 1-1/4 x 5-1/2 strip of Old Olive cardstock, embossed with the Petal Pair Embossing folder.
- The greeting from Lots of Happy stamp set is stamped with Memento Black on Whisper White cardstock and punched with the Tailored Tag Punch. It was placed on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The flower bunch in Lots of Happy was stamped with Memento Black Ink and colored with Calypso Coral and Old Olive Stampin’ Blends, then cut out and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Ok…I think this card is SO striking, don’t you? Check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did with this color challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary!
We have TWO current Collections going on now...
We have a SPECIAL RELEASE Barn Door Home Decor Collection designed by Connie and Mary, a new and different class kit to go featuring year-round home decor pieces! Tutorial includes specific directions for FOUR Seasonal Barn Door frame inserts! Purchase one 8×8 frame and change out the inserts throughout the year! We have four purchasing options for you…from Ultimate to PDF only. Find details HERE!