It’s time for another Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge! Love the sketch for today! I decided to use the Perennial Birthday stamp set for my card…along with the gorgeous new Grapefruit Grove color and Share What You Love Designer Paper…a little old with the new!
Here’s what I did. I love the contrast of Grapefruit Grove with Basic Black…really makes it pop!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Thick Whisper White, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Grapefruit Grove that has been embossed with the Ruffled Embossing Folder.
- A 1 x 4-3/4 strip of Basic Black cardstock was added to the left side.
- Three Share What You Love Designer Paper panels sized 1-1/4 x 2 were added over the Basic Black strip of cardstock.
- Three flowers from Perennial Birthday were stamped with Memento Black on scrap Whisper White and colored with a sponge dauber and Grapefruit Grove Ink, and the leaves with Lemon Lime Twist. They were hand cut and added to the front of the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Perfect White Accents were added to the centers.
- Happy Birthday from Perennial Birthday was stamped with Lemon Lime Twist ink and cut with the small Layering Ovals.
Love all the movement and texture in this card! OK…make sure to check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did over on Create with Connie and Mary…I’m sure you will be inspired by all the different looks!
You are going to want these Create with Connie & Mary Abstract Impressions Collection tutorials for your New Catalog Open Houses or classes! One project is a note card set that features all five of the new IN COLORS to fit in awesome handmade box, the other is a card set of four that fits perfectly in a decorated Acetate box! Designed by Connie and Mary, both projects use the Abstract Impressions Stamp Set and Thinlits! FIND THE DETAILS HERE!