I love a good sketch challenge and I LOVE Rooted in Nature bundle! I had fun with the sketch challenge for today on Create with Connie and Mary!
With the temps in Ohio SO hot this week (I’m NOT complaining!), it was nice to think of cool shade trees while I made this card.
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 NEW Shaded Spruce cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- A 4 x 5 piece of Crumb Cake has a 1-3/4 x 5 and 3/4 x 5 piece of two different patterns from Nature’s Poem Desinger Paper adhered towards the bottom.
- The tree slice was stamped with Crumb Cake Ink on Crumb Cake cardstock and cut out. The greeting was stamped on top with Soft Suede Ink. It is popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The trio leaves and ginkgo (?) leaf were stamped with Shaded Spruce Ink on Whisper White and cut with the Nature’s Roots Framelits. The trio leaf was watercolored with a little more Shaded Spruce Ink and an AquaPainter. They were added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Some Calypso Coral Twine from Nature’s Twine package was tied in a bow and added to the leaves with a Mini Glue Dot.
I know I’ve said it before, but I LOVE that tree slice!!! OK…check out the rest of the Challenge Team over at Create with Connie and Mary to see what they did with this sketch challenge! Everyone’s card is SO different!
It's Week 2 of our 5 weeks of Christmas and Connie and Mary are featuring the Happiness Surrounds stamp set with the Snowfall Framelits! This stamp set is NOT just for Christmas...although we've featured two of the projects as Christmas this week. (The exclusive "Snowflake Showcase" products are only available for demos to preorder from Stampin' Up! in October, customers may begin purchasing them on November 1st, while supplies last!) You'll get THREE card and one small 3D tutorials with this week's Happiness Surrounds and Snowfall Thinlit Collection for only $10! See details HERE!