Wow! I’m finally back from Stampin’ Up!’s OnStage Convention. What a GREAT time! I spent a few extra days with my girlfriend and downline, Annette, and had a wonderful time! But, now it is back to reality and a LONG to-do list! lol! And, it is Thursday and time for our Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!
Now, this sketch looks simple, right! WRONG! I had the most difficult time, maybe because I already had the poinsettia done and was wanting to use it. Sometimes it is better to just start from scratch!
Here’s my card using Peaceful Poinsettia Bundle:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2 and folded so the fold is on the left side.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Under the Mistletoe Designer Paper in the green polka dot pattern.
- A 2-1/2 x 4 piece of Whisper White is stamped with the Christmas Wishes greeting in Peaceful Poinsettia with Shaded Spruce Ink and added to the front.
- A 1/4 x 5 piece of Real Red cardstock was placed across the front.
- The poinsettia outline was cut from Real Red cardstock and the detailed poinsettia leaves from Gold Metallic Paper, then adhered together. It is popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The branches were cut from Shaded Spruce cardstock and Gold Metallic Paper, then added under the poinsettia.
- A 2″ Circle was punched from Under the Mistletoe DSP and added under the Whisper White panel per the sketch.
OK…make sure to check out the rest of the Challenge Team to see what they did with the sketch this week over on Create with Connie and Mary! Some really different designs with it! I’ll definitely try this sketch again!
Our next release from Stampin' Up!'s new Annual Catalog is the gorgeous CELEBRATE SUNFLOWERS TECHNIQUE COLLECTION with a BONUS! This Collection is a TWO for ONE! Not only do you get SIX creative card ideas using the Celebrate Sunflowers Bundle, you also will learn how to do SIX different background techniques! This allows you to focus on either the bundle OR the technique if you don't have the bundle. See the details HERE!
Our second release from Stampin' Up!'s new Annual Catalog is the beautiful FOREVER GREENERY SUITE of products. We love the wide variety of leaf images! For this Collection, we combined the Forever Fern Stamp Set and Forever Flourishing Dies with Forever Greenery Designer Paper and Accessories. This Collection contains three cards (one a special fold card) and a creative 3D project perfect for your classes or to give as a gift. See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: 62GF2NDZ