Wow! I’m finally back from Stampin’ Up!’s OnStage Convention. What a GREAT time! I spent a few extra days with my girlfriend and downline, Annette, and had a wonderful time! But, now it is back to reality and a LONG to-do list! lol! And, it is Thursday and time for our Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!
Now, this sketch looks simple, right! WRONG! I had the most difficult time, maybe because I already had the poinsettia done and was wanting to use it. Sometimes it is better to just start from scratch!
Here’s my card using Peaceful Poinsettia Bundle:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2 and folded so the fold is on the left side.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Under the Mistletoe Designer Paper in the green polka dot pattern.
- A 2-1/2 x 4 piece of Whisper White is stamped with the Christmas Wishes greeting in Peaceful Poinsettia with Shaded Spruce Ink and added to the front.
- A 1/4 x 5 piece of Real Red cardstock was placed across the front.
- The poinsettia outline was cut from Real Red cardstock and the detailed poinsettia leaves from Gold Metallic Paper, then adhered together. It is popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The branches were cut from Shaded Spruce cardstock and Gold Metallic Paper, then added under the poinsettia.
- A 2″ Circle was punched from Under the Mistletoe DSP and added under the Whisper White panel per the sketch.
OK…make sure to check out the rest of the Challenge Team to see what they did with the sketch this week over on Create with Connie and Mary! Some really different designs with it! I’ll definitely try this sketch again!
You don't need to be a "Top Chef" to enjoy our new WHAT'S COOKIN' COLLECTION! These cooking utensils and greeting images are SO fun for the baker or cook in your life! We've used the WHAT'S COOKIN' STAMP SET and COOKIN' DIES with the BRIGHTS 6x6 Designer Paper in this Collection! You'll get three card tutorials (one a fun fold) and a sweet (or savory!) packaging idea that makes a great gift for your host/hostess! See more details HERE!
Our next online class collection from the NEW Annual Catalog is the beautiful ARTISTICALLY INKED COLLECTION! Oh my word...have you seen this suite? The artistic images in this set give a unique watercolor look to backgrounds, flowers and leaves! And the metallic gold in the DSP is a perfect touch of bling! We've used ARTISTICALLY INKED STAMP SET, ARTISTIC DIES with the coordinating EXPRESSIONS IN INK DESIGNER PAPER in this Collection! You'll get three card tutorials (one a fun fold) and a keepsake 3D project tutorial you will love! See more details here!
Use HOST CODE: FMKEVSGR