It’s Thursday and time for another Create with Connie and Mary challenge – this week it is a wonderful sketch challenge! This challenge will be open for TWO WEEKS as the creative team takes a break over the holidays! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, everyone!
I think this is my favorite DSP this year…love that Gray Granite/Real Red plaid in the Festive Farmhouse Designer Series Paper! And that red grid pattern is pretty fun, too! Top it with the popular red Christmas Tree truck…and I think it’s a winner!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Crumb Cake cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On top the 3-1/4 x 4-1/2 Gray/Red plaid is added to the base with a 1/2 x 3-3/4 piece of the red grid DSP tucked under the left side.
- A 1 x 3-3/4 piece of the same red grid DSP is also added over the plaid DSP on the right side.
- A large Stitched Shape Oval is cut from Whisper White, then stamped with the tree from Farmhouse Christmas in Early Espresso Ink towards the right side, it is colored with the Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blends.
- The truck was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Whisper White and colored with Real Red, Smoky Slate and Old Olive Stampin’ Blends. It was cut with the Farmhouse Framelits Dies and added on top of the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The greeting from Farmhouse Christmas was stamped with Early Espresso Ink on Crumb Cake and punched with the Classic Label Punch, the added under the truck.
I love the look of this card! Wish I could use it for my Christmas card, but I’d need too much DSP! lol! OK…make sure to check out the rest of the Challenge Team to see what they did with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!
You'll love our brand new set of tutorials featuring the Birthday Cheer Bundle and nice BRIGHT colors from the 2018-20 In Color Collection. We have tutorials for three cards (one a special fold) and a special 3D gift project that are perfect for your classes or to make for yourself or gifts! All are designed by Connie and Mary and exclusive to our subscribers! See details HERE!
And, don't forget our set of tutorials featuring Stampin' Up!'s Tea Together! We've combined this stamp set with the gorgeous Floral Romance Specialty Designer Paper for an elegant look! You'll get tutorials for three cards (one a special fold) and a special 3D favor project, that are perfect for your classes or to make for yourself or gifts! See the details HERE!