Another Thursday has rolled around and it is time for the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge! This time it is a fun sketch challenge!
I decided to use a set from the Annual Catalog, Country Road, for my card:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Early Espresso cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On top the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Crumb Cake was embossed with the Subtles Embossing Folder and then sponged around the edges for a distressed look.
- The 2-1/2 x 3-3/4 piece of Wood Textures Designer Paper was added on the front with the Flax Ribbon cut into two small pieces and tucked on each side under the DSP.
- The Whisper White was stamped with the branch image and Crushed Curry Ink, then cut with the Layering Circle and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The horse was stamped on Whisper White with Early Espresso ink, then hand-cut and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Happy Birthday from Country Road was stamped in the background with Early Espresso Ink.
That’s it! Pretty simple, but I really like how it turned out. This will be my dad’s birthday card, I’m sure, although that isn’t until June! Make sure to check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did this week with the sketch over on Create with Connie and Mary!
The In The Pines Stamp Set and Pine Wood Dies have some BEAUTIFUL trees in several shapes and sizes! For this In The Pines Collection, we've made FIVE cards (one a special fun fold), and a neat 3D project everyone can enjoy! Two of the cards are non-Christmas to give you an idea how to use this bundle all year around! We've paired this set with the Tis The Season Designer Paper. See the details here!
Who can resist Stampin' Up!'s sweet stamp set bundle, Freezin' Fun! Those little critters DO look like they are having SO much fun racing down those snowy slopes! We've made three cards (one a really "cool" fun-fold card), and a darling 3D project using the FREEZIN' FUN STAMP SET AND FREEZIN' FRIENDS DIES for this Collection, paired with the Snowflake Splendor Designer Paper! You won't want to miss getting this one! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: WMGYQXSV