This week’s Create with Connie and Mary’s Color Challenge made me look thru my designer paper stash. I combined Petal Palette stamp set with the plaid design in the Under the Mistletoe Designer Paper…it gives it a really “country” feel. This time of year I’m always on a mission to use some of my retiring stamp sets a few more times.
I love the roses in Petal Palette! They are small enough to color easily. And I love some of the extra dies in the Petals & More Framelits, like this lacy trim one!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Smoky Slate cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of the plaid design in Under the Mistletoe DSP.
- A 2 x 4 band of Smoky Slate cardstock was added towards the top.
- The lacy trim piece was cut with the Petals & More Framelits from Real Red cardstock and added to the Smoky Slate band.
- The roses were stamped with Memento Black Ink on Whisper White cardstock and colored with the Real Red Stampin’ Blends, the leaves were watercolored with the Lemon Lime Twist Marker.
- Best Wishes was stamped with Memento Black Ink.
- The vine piece was cut with the Petals & More Framelits from Lemon Lime Twist cardstock and tucked under the Smoky Slate piece a little. The Roses were popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Such a different look for this stamp set, I think! I love how it turned out! OK, check out the rest of the Challenge Team to see what they did with this color challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary! ! I’m excited to see what they’ve done!
Create with Connie and Mary's next Collection of tutorials combines the Wonderfully Wicked Stamp Set with the Ornate Frames Dies! What a FABULOUSLY spooky combination! We have created SIX fun treat boxes in this Collection with step-by-step photo tutorials. You'll love making these fun little gifts for friends, family and neighbors! Fill with candy or other small items and they are ready to go! Perfect for fall craft fairs! (All but one can easily be adapted for Christmas treats, too!) See all the details HERE!