This week’s Create with Connie and Mary’s Color Challenge made me look thru my designer paper stash. I combined Petal Palette stamp set with the plaid design in the Under the Mistletoe Designer Paper…it gives it a really “country” feel. This time of year I’m always on a mission to use some of my retiring stamp sets a few more times.
I love the roses in Petal Palette! They are small enough to color easily. And I love some of the extra dies in the Petals & More Framelits, like this lacy trim one!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Smoky Slate cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of the plaid design in Under the Mistletoe DSP.
- A 2 x 4 band of Smoky Slate cardstock was added towards the top.
- The lacy trim piece was cut with the Petals & More Framelits from Real Red cardstock and added to the Smoky Slate band.
- The roses were stamped with Memento Black Ink on Whisper White cardstock and colored with the Real Red Stampin’ Blends, the leaves were watercolored with the Lemon Lime Twist Marker.
- Best Wishes was stamped with Memento Black Ink.
- The vine piece was cut with the Petals & More Framelits from Lemon Lime Twist cardstock and tucked under the Smoky Slate piece a little. The Roses were popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Such a different look for this stamp set, I think! I love how it turned out! OK, check out the rest of the Challenge Team to see what they did with this color challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary! ! I’m excited to see what they’ve done!
Ho! Ho! Ho! It’s Christmas in July! We are featuring Lots of Cheer stamp set and Tags & More Accessory Kit in our next Collection to get you THINKING about your Christmas card classes, buffets or personal cards! This Lots of Cheer Collection would make a wonderful Product Class as it uses minimal supplies. Have each person purchase the Tags & More Accessory Kit ($9) and use your stamp set to complete the cards! We have SIX step-by-step card tutorials to help you get started! See the details HERE!