This week’s Create with Connie and Mary’s Color Challenge made me look thru my designer paper stash. I combined Petal Palette stamp set with the plaid design in the Under the Mistletoe Designer Paper…it gives it a really “country” feel. This time of year I’m always on a mission to use some of my retiring stamp sets a few more times.
I love the roses in Petal Palette! They are small enough to color easily. And I love some of the extra dies in the Petals & More Framelits, like this lacy trim one!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Smoky Slate cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of the plaid design in Under the Mistletoe DSP.
- A 2 x 4 band of Smoky Slate cardstock was added towards the top.
- The lacy trim piece was cut with the Petals & More Framelits from Real Red cardstock and added to the Smoky Slate band.
- The roses were stamped with Memento Black Ink on Whisper White cardstock and colored with the Real Red Stampin’ Blends, the leaves were watercolored with the Lemon Lime Twist Marker.
- Best Wishes was stamped with Memento Black Ink.
- The vine piece was cut with the Petals & More Framelits from Lemon Lime Twist cardstock and tucked under the Smoky Slate piece a little. The Roses were popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Such a different look for this stamp set, I think! I love how it turned out! OK, check out the rest of the Challenge Team to see what they did with this color challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary! ! I’m excited to see what they’ve done!
We are excited for our second August-December Catalog Collection for the holidays featuring the fabulous Making a Difference COMING HOME BUNDLE of products! This Collection of SIX card tutorials would make a great World Card Making Day or product class...either in person or online and we've paired it with Itty Bitty Greetings. See more details HERE!
Do you love trees? We LOVE trees! We are kicking off the upcoming August-December Catalog (formerly called Holiday Catalog) with the gorgeous Life is Beautiful Stamp Set! It has a wonderful full-branch tree in it! This EXPANDED collection of SIX tutorials has a delightful home décor project that can be changed for each season, and TWO card ideas! These are easy enough to complete in one class, or split them into two classes by doing two seasons and a card each class! You also could include the Life is Beautiful Stamp Set for an awesome product class! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: X4N6GEG4