Hello everyone! It is THURSDAY again and time for another Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge! Today’s color challenge was a REAL challenge for me! For some reason I had a mental block with it! Maybe because, for me, these are more fall colors! But, Fresh Fig is one of the retiring In Colors, so you better grab it while it is still available!
Here’s what I did with it using the retiring Tuscan Vineyard stamp set! I’m SO happy that I’ll be staying a week in Tuscany when we head out for the Incentive Trip in Greece! I can’t wait to tour some of the vineyards in the area! My son (a beer and wine distributor) is hooking us up with some vineyards in the area! Woohoo! I’ve always wanted to explore that part of the world a little more!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Fresh Fig cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On top the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Crumb Cake was embossed with the Tin Type Embossing Folder.
- Down the center is a 1-1/2 x 5-1/4 strip of Daffodil Delight (Brights) Designer Paper.
- The Stitched Shape Framelit circle was cut from Whisper White cardstock and added to a Scallop Circle from the Layering Shapes Framelits cut from Fresh Fig cardstock, then adhered to the front. The bottom of the circle was colored with Crumb Cake Marker.
- The wine jugs from Tuscan Vineyard were stamped with Early Espresso and colored with the Daffodil Delight and Fresh Fig Markers. They were cut out and added to the circle with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The circle image from Tuscan Vineyard was stamped with Fresh Fig Ink, then colored with the Daffodil Delight, Fresh Fig and Crumb Cake Markers. It was punched with the 1″ Circle Punch and added to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The olive branch was stamped with Early Espresso and colored with Crumb Cake and Fresh Fig Markers, then hand-cut and added to the circle.
I’m really happy with how this turned out! OK…check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did with this color challenge this week over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Our SAILING HOME COLLECTION is now available! What a wonderful nautical set...great for masculine cards or for anyone loving lighthouses and sailboats! With this EXPANDED collection, you'll get step-by-step tutorials for FOUR regular cards, ONE special fold card, plus ONE great home décor idea! That's a total of SIX tutorials! See the details HERE!