Welcome to the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge! It’s a fun sketch this week. Sketches are always a great starting point in making a card! So, grab your stamps and play along!
Here’s what I came up with using Stampin’ Up!’s Free As A Bird stamp set! I love coloring these sweet birds!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Soft Suede cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- The Bird Ballad Designer Paper was cut 3-1/4 x 5-1/2 and layered on 3-1/2 x 5-1/2 Calypso Coral cardstock, then added to the front.
- The birds on a branch from Free As A Bird stamp set was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Whisper White cardstock, then colored with Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Calypso Coral, Old Olive and Pool Party Stampin’ Blends. It was cut with the Stitched Nested Labels Dies…beautiful!
- The Label was then embossed with the Subtle Embossing Folder to give it some texture and then was added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A 1/4 x 2-3/4 strip of Calypso Coral was adhered under the birds.
- The Thank You greeting from the stamp set was stamped with Memento Black In on a 1/2 x 1-1/2 piece of Pool Party cardstock and adhered.
LOVE it! OK, check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did this week over on Create with Connie and Mary! I’m sure they crushed this sketch challenge!
Ice cream, ice cream, we all scream for ice cream! And, of course, popsicles, too! For our latest Collection of tutorials, we are using the Sweet Ice Cream Stamp Set and Ice Cream Cone Builder Punch! You'll get SIX unique tutorials that include four cards (one a special fold), a treat box and a special 3D favor! See more details HERE!
Stampin' Up!'s FLOWERING CACTUS PRODUCT MEDLEY is a GREAT value and everywhere you look, cacti are featured as part of home décor! We loved the whimsical cactus images and "punny" greetings in the stamp set, so just had to use it for our next Collection! The Flowering Cactus Product Medley kit comes with stamps, dies, designer paper, felt flowers, and two colors of linen thread, everything you need to make it EASY to create! You'll get FOUR unique tutorials that include three cards (one a special fold), and a fun organizing project! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: SW7NGG27