Welcome to the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge! It’s a fun sketch this week. Sketches are always a great starting point in making a card! So, grab your stamps and play along!
Here’s what I came up with using Stampin’ Up!’s Free As A Bird stamp set! I love coloring these sweet birds!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Soft Suede cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- The Bird Ballad Designer Paper was cut 3-1/4 x 5-1/2 and layered on 3-1/2 x 5-1/2 Calypso Coral cardstock, then added to the front.
- The birds on a branch from Free As A Bird stamp set was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Whisper White cardstock, then colored with Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Calypso Coral, Old Olive and Pool Party Stampin’ Blends. It was cut with the Stitched Nested Labels Dies…beautiful!
- The Label was then embossed with the Subtle Embossing Folder to give it some texture and then was added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A 1/4 x 2-3/4 strip of Calypso Coral was adhered under the birds.
- The Thank You greeting from the stamp set was stamped with Memento Black In on a 1/2 x 1-1/2 piece of Pool Party cardstock and adhered.
LOVE it! OK, check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did this week over on Create with Connie and Mary! I’m sure they crushed this sketch challenge!
Make someone HAPPY by sharing one of the projects from our next Collection using the RAINBOW OF HAPPINESS STAMP SET and BRILLIANT RAINBOW DIES! Use the stamps and/or dies to create rainbows in your favorite colors! Mix and match the hearts, raindrops, clouds and texture images with the greetings! We've combined this RAINBOW OF HAPPINESS Bundle with the SUNSHINE & RAINBOWS Designer Paper for a coordinated look. Our RAINBOW OF HAPPINESS COLLECTION has SIX projects - FOUR step-by-step card tutorials AND two 3D treat favors that will be perfect to share! See more details HERE!
We are calling for SPRING in our next Collection from the January-June Mini Catalog using the DAFFODIL DAYDREAM STAMP SET and DAFFODIL DIES! These spring flower images are perfect for coloring or use the dies to build flowers in a variety of colors! We've combined this Daffodil Daydream Bundle with the FREE Sale-A-Bration Daffodil Afternoon Designer Paper for a coordinated look. Our DAFFODIL DAYDREAM COLLECTION has THREE step-by-step card tutorials (one a special fold!) and a useful 3D project, perfect for your desk! See more details here!