Welcome to the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge! It’s a fun sketch this week. Sketches are always a great starting point in making a card! So, grab your stamps and play along!
Here’s what I came up with using Stampin’ Up!’s Free As A Bird stamp set! I love coloring these sweet birds!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Soft Suede cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- The Bird Ballad Designer Paper was cut 3-1/4 x 5-1/2 and layered on 3-1/2 x 5-1/2 Calypso Coral cardstock, then added to the front.
- The birds on a branch from Free As A Bird stamp set was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Whisper White cardstock, then colored with Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Calypso Coral, Old Olive and Pool Party Stampin’ Blends. It was cut with the Stitched Nested Labels Dies…beautiful!
- The Label was then embossed with the Subtle Embossing Folder to give it some texture and then was added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A 1/4 x 2-3/4 strip of Calypso Coral was adhered under the birds.
- The Thank You greeting from the stamp set was stamped with Memento Black In on a 1/2 x 1-1/2 piece of Pool Party cardstock and adhered.
LOVE it! OK, check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did this week over on Create with Connie and Mary! I’m sure they crushed this sketch challenge!
Create with Connie and Mary's next Collection of tutorials combines the Wonderfully Wicked Stamp Set with the Ornate Frames Dies! What a FABULOUSLY spooky combination! We have created SIX fun treat boxes in this Collection with step-by-step photo tutorials. You'll love making these fun little gifts for friends, family and neighbors! Fill with candy or other small items and they are ready to go! Perfect for fall craft fairs! (All but one can easily be adapted for Christmas treats, too!) See all the details HERE!