Happy FOURTH OF JULY! It’s Thursday and time for another Create with Connie and Mary Challenge! For the month of July we are “Casing the Catalog”! What does that mean? We have taken one of the Stampin’ Up! sample cards in the Annual Catalog and using the colors, layout, OR inspiration, we are challenged to make our own card! It will be fun to see what the Challenge Team does with them! Here’s the first one!
I’m using the sweet little bud image from Good Morning Magnolia stamp set, along with some of the dies for my card and using the layout as my inspiration.
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 new In Color Seaside Spray cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Woven Threads Designer Paper.
- Two 2-1/2 x 3-1/2 panels of Whisper White cardstock were embossed with the Subtle Embossing Folder and layered on top of each other in the center portion of the card.
- A 4-1/2 length of Rococo Rose Scalloped Linen Ribbon was added across the front.
- The magnolia buds from Good Morning Magnolia were stamped with Memento Black Ink on Whisper White cardstock, then colored with Calypso Coral and Flirty Flamingo Blends combined to represent the Terracotta Tile color. The leaves were colored with Mint Macaron Blends. They were cut out with the Magnolia Memory Dies and popped up on front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The little starburst flowers were cut with the Dies from Rococo Rose cardstock and added above the flower buds with Mini Glue Dots. The centers are the Seaside Spray In Color Faceted Dots.
- The leaves were cut with the Dies from Soft Seafoam cardstock and tucked under the flowers.
- Enjoy Today from Good Morning Magnolia was stamped with Memento Black Ink on a 1/2 x 2-1/2 piece of Seaside Spray cardstock, the end cut at an angle, and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I’m calling this a “Classic Vintage’ card because of the background DSP makes it look vintage, but the white panels and flowers are more classic! Make sure to check out what the Challenge Team did with this week’s “Case the Catalog” challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Use HOST CODE: V3VR2RY9
Check out these "jazzy" skeletons in the new BAG OF BONES BUNDLE! So many pieces to mix and max for personalized figures and scenes! Build a spooky scene with tombstones, bats, stars, and even a rickety picket fence using the BAG OF BONES DIES. This bundle is bone-a-fide fun with even a not-so-furry friend or two. Your Halloween crafts are sure to be eerie-sistible! We featured the BAG OF BONES BUNDLE with the THEM BONES DESIGNER PAPER for a spook-tacular collection! There are step-by-step instructions for TWO card designs and TWO treat holder projects! See more details here!
Fill your crate with delightful seasonal flowers and herbs to send good wishes to someone special with the RUSTIC CRATE BUNDLE! The fun RUSTIC CRATE DIES provide cute farmhouse crates, labels, hardware, and gardening gloves as accessories for your floral arrangements! Mix and match any of the sweet sentiments with any image for a personalized touch. We featured the RUSTIC CRATE BUNDLE with the ALL ABOUT AUTUMN DESIGNER PAPER! This tutorial has step-by-step instructions for four projects...three card designs (one a fun fold) and a special gift project! See more details here!
The single and multi-leaf images in the AUTUMN LEAVES BUNDLE give you a lot of different looks for your card making, scrapbooking, gift packaging or elegant tags! Use the stamp images alone or combine with the detailed leaf veins, awesome shaped labels, and stand-alone leaf dies! Celebrate the fall season by sharing your creations using the thankful greetings to express joy and gratitude. We featured the AUTUMN LEAVES BUNDLE with the ALL ABOUT AUTUMN DESIGNER PAPER for a colorful outdoorsy look! There are step-by-step instructions for SIX projects...four card designs and two sweet favor projects! See more details HERE!