Happy FOURTH OF JULY! It’s Thursday and time for another Create with Connie and Mary Challenge! For the month of July we are “Casing the Catalog”! What does that mean? We have taken one of the Stampin’ Up! sample cards in the Annual Catalog and using the colors, layout, OR inspiration, we are challenged to make our own card! It will be fun to see what the Challenge Team does with them! Here’s the first one!
I’m using the sweet little bud image from Good Morning Magnolia stamp set, along with some of the dies for my card and using the layout as my inspiration.
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 new In Color Seaside Spray cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Woven Threads Designer Paper.
- Two 2-1/2 x 3-1/2 panels of Whisper White cardstock were embossed with the Subtle Embossing Folder and layered on top of each other in the center portion of the card.
- A 4-1/2 length of Rococo Rose Scalloped Linen Ribbon was added across the front.
- The magnolia buds from Good Morning Magnolia were stamped with Memento Black Ink on Whisper White cardstock, then colored with Calypso Coral and Flirty Flamingo Blends combined to represent the Terracotta Tile color. The leaves were colored with Mint Macaron Blends. They were cut out with the Magnolia Memory Dies and popped up on front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The little starburst flowers were cut with the Dies from Rococo Rose cardstock and added above the flower buds with Mini Glue Dots. The centers are the Seaside Spray In Color Faceted Dots.
- The leaves were cut with the Dies from Soft Seafoam cardstock and tucked under the flowers.
- Enjoy Today from Good Morning Magnolia was stamped with Memento Black Ink on a 1/2 x 2-1/2 piece of Seaside Spray cardstock, the end cut at an angle, and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I’m calling this a “Classic Vintage’ card because of the background DSP makes it look vintage, but the white panels and flowers are more classic! Make sure to check out what the Challenge Team did with this week’s “Case the Catalog” challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary!
The NEW Annual Catalog is here and we are SO excited with all the FUN new things it offers! Nothing can make you smile more than seeing a garden full of colorful pansies, so for our first Collection we just couldn't resist the gorgeous Pansy Patch Bundle. We know you'll love the embossed Pansy Dies that enhance the detailed Pansy Patch stamp set. Plus, it has some beautiful font greetings! We've used PANSY PATCH BUNDLE with the PANSY PETALS DESIGNER PAPER for a colorful Collection with four card ideas and two gift packaging ideas! See more details HERE!
While we anxiously wait for the new Annual Catalog, do you want a perfect QUICK & EASY Product Class idea that features a couple retiring items? Or, do you often need a little gift box in a hurry? Have your customers (or you!) purchase the Perfect Parcel Dies (clearance for $14) and Flowers for Every Season Designer Paper (clearance for $6.90). You'll get four different box ideas (two are uniquely altered!) using this colorful and seasonal Collection and will have a TON of designer paper left to make more! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: DK7E6VQ6