Happy FOURTH OF JULY! It’s Thursday and time for another Create with Connie and Mary Challenge! For the month of July we are “Casing the Catalog”! What does that mean? We have taken one of the Stampin’ Up! sample cards in the Annual Catalog and using the colors, layout, OR inspiration, we are challenged to make our own card! It will be fun to see what the Challenge Team does with them! Here’s the first one!
I’m using the sweet little bud image from Good Morning Magnolia stamp set, along with some of the dies for my card and using the layout as my inspiration.
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 new In Color Seaside Spray cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Woven Threads Designer Paper.
- Two 2-1/2 x 3-1/2 panels of Whisper White cardstock were embossed with the Subtle Embossing Folder and layered on top of each other in the center portion of the card.
- A 4-1/2 length of Rococo Rose Scalloped Linen Ribbon was added across the front.
- The magnolia buds from Good Morning Magnolia were stamped with Memento Black Ink on Whisper White cardstock, then colored with Calypso Coral and Flirty Flamingo Blends combined to represent the Terracotta Tile color. The leaves were colored with Mint Macaron Blends. They were cut out with the Magnolia Memory Dies and popped up on front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The little starburst flowers were cut with the Dies from Rococo Rose cardstock and added above the flower buds with Mini Glue Dots. The centers are the Seaside Spray In Color Faceted Dots.
- The leaves were cut with the Dies from Soft Seafoam cardstock and tucked under the flowers.
- Enjoy Today from Good Morning Magnolia was stamped with Memento Black Ink on a 1/2 x 2-1/2 piece of Seaside Spray cardstock, the end cut at an angle, and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I’m calling this a “Classic Vintage’ card because of the background DSP makes it look vintage, but the white panels and flowers are more classic! Make sure to check out what the Challenge Team did with this week’s “Case the Catalog” challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Stampin' Up! has outdone themselves with this pretty fall set called Nature's Harvest! It has flowers, leaves, branches and some wonderful greetings and we love the detailed Harvest Dies! For this Collection, we've paired the NATURE'S HARVEST BUNDLE with the coordinating Harvest Meadow Designer Paper for an explosion of muted fall colors and fun designs! You'll get SIX card ideas and TWO easy 3D projects using this gorgeous bundle! That's a total of EIGHT tutorials! See more details here!
Aren't those sheep just the CUTEST? How on earth could you ever resist getting them! We couldn't wait to play with this set and build a card tutorial Collection for you that we know you will love! AND...best of all you can get the stamp set and dies for FREE during Stampin' Up!'s Sale-A-Bration period! For this Collection, we've paired the COUNTING SHEEP STAMP SET and SHEEP DIES with the Border Basics Dies and Pattern Party Designer Paper for a bright and cheerful look! You'll get SIX card ideas using this fun bundle! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: KWK2ZCM9