It’s Thursday and time for another Create with Connie and Mary Challenge! For the month of July we are “Casing the Catalog” and this is our THIRD week! What does that mean? We have taken one of the Stampin’ Up! sample cards in the Annual Catalog and using the colors, layout, OR inspiration, we are challenged to make our own card! It will be fun to see what the Challenge Team does with them!
I love the Free As A Bird stamp set…the little birds are SO much fun to color! I followed the general layout of the catalog sample and used the Stamparatus step method to stamp the Hello greeting along the side! SO easy!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Crumb Cake cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- On the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Crumb Cake cardstock, the Stamparatus was used with the Hello greeting from Free As A Bird and Soft Suede Ink to line it up down the side.
- A 2-1/2 x 3-1/2 piece of the Bird Ballad striped DSP was added to the front.
- A 1-7/8 x 4-1/4 piece of Whisper White cardstock was stamped with the greeting in Memento Black Ink towards the bottom. It was added on top of the DSP.
- The bird was stamped with Memento Black Ink on scrap Whisper White and colored with the Crumb Cake, Mango Melody, Old Olive, and Calypso Coral Stampin’ Blends. It was cut out by hand and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The Flowers and leaves were stamped with Memento Black Ink on scrap Whisper White and colored with the same Blends, then hand-cut and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A trio of Pearls were colored with Blends and added to the background of the Whisper White layer.
I need to remember this layout because I LOVE it! Make sure to check out what the Challenge Team did with this week’s “Case the Catalog” challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Use HOST CODE: KBB6QS2U
Send out some positive vibes and happy greetings with Stampin' Up!'s LIGHTING THE WAY STAMP SET AND LIGHTING THE WAY DIES! The stamped fireflies will glow with good wishes for anyone or any occasion on your creative projects. And the Lantern's light will show the way thru those warm summer adventures! We've combined the LIGHTING THE WAY BUNDLE with the REGENCY PARK DESIGNER PAPER for a unique fun-filled collection. Our LIGHTING THE WAY COLLECTION has step-by-step instructions for FOUR projects...three cards (one a fun fold!) and a sweet home decor project perfect for someone setting off on a new adventure that you'll love to display! See more details HERE!
These rhinos will stomp their way into your heart with their cute expressions and fun accessories! The new online exclusive RHINO READY BUNDLE lets you create settings for your rhinos on cards, favors or other paper projects! And the open line stamp images allow you to create in any color your wish, plus add an adorable greeting! We've combined the RHINO READY BUNDLE with the BUTTERFLY WISHES DESIGNER PAPER for a bright and cheery collection! Our RHINO READY COLLECTION has step-by-step instructions for FOUR projects...three cards (one a fun fold!) and a cute packaging idea that can be used for any occasion! See more details HERE!
Hop, hop, hop on over and grab our new EASTER BUNNY COLLECTION! The EASTER BUNNY STAMP SET is perfect to make projects for Easter, spring, baby, or other sweet occasions! Build a little scene with these fun elements and color away! We've combined the EASTER BUNNY STAMP SET with the FANCY FLORA DESIGNER PAPER for a springy pastel look. Our EASTER BUNNY COLLECTION has step-by-step instructions for SIX projects...four cards and two fun favors that can be used for any occasion! See more details here!
Leave a Reply