It’s Thursday and time for another Create with Connie and Mary Challenge! For the month of July we are “Casing the Catalog” and this is our THIRD week! What does that mean? We have taken one of the Stampin’ Up! sample cards in the Annual Catalog and using the colors, layout, OR inspiration, we are challenged to make our own card! It will be fun to see what the Challenge Team does with them!
I love the Free As A Bird stamp set…the little birds are SO much fun to color! I followed the general layout of the catalog sample and used the Stamparatus step method to stamp the Hello greeting along the side! SO easy!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Crumb Cake cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- On the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Crumb Cake cardstock, the Stamparatus was used with the Hello greeting from Free As A Bird and Soft Suede Ink to line it up down the side.
- A 2-1/2 x 3-1/2 piece of the Bird Ballad striped DSP was added to the front.
- A 1-7/8 x 4-1/4 piece of Whisper White cardstock was stamped with the greeting in Memento Black Ink towards the bottom. It was added on top of the DSP.
- The bird was stamped with Memento Black Ink on scrap Whisper White and colored with the Crumb Cake, Mango Melody, Old Olive, and Calypso Coral Stampin’ Blends. It was cut out by hand and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The Flowers and leaves were stamped with Memento Black Ink on scrap Whisper White and colored with the same Blends, then hand-cut and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A trio of Pearls were colored with Blends and added to the background of the Whisper White layer.
I need to remember this layout because I LOVE it! Make sure to check out what the Challenge Team did with this week’s “Case the Catalog” challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Create with Connie and Mary's next Collection of tutorials combines the Wonderfully Wicked Stamp Set with the Ornate Frames Dies! What a FABULOUSLY spooky combination! We have created SIX fun treat boxes in this Collection with step-by-step photo tutorials. You'll love making these fun little gifts for friends, family and neighbors! Fill with candy or other small items and they are ready to go! Perfect for fall craft fairs! (All but one can easily be adapted for Christmas treats, too!) See all the details HERE!