It’s Thursday and time for another Create with Connie and Mary Challenge! For the month of July we are “Casing the Catalog” and this is our THIRD week! What does that mean? We have taken one of the Stampin’ Up! sample cards in the Annual Catalog and using the colors, layout, OR inspiration, we are challenged to make our own card! It will be fun to see what the Challenge Team does with them!
I love the Free As A Bird stamp set…the little birds are SO much fun to color! I followed the general layout of the catalog sample and used the Stamparatus step method to stamp the Hello greeting along the side! SO easy!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Crumb Cake cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- On the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Crumb Cake cardstock, the Stamparatus was used with the Hello greeting from Free As A Bird and Soft Suede Ink to line it up down the side.
- A 2-1/2 x 3-1/2 piece of the Bird Ballad striped DSP was added to the front.
- A 1-7/8 x 4-1/4 piece of Whisper White cardstock was stamped with the greeting in Memento Black Ink towards the bottom. It was added on top of the DSP.
- The bird was stamped with Memento Black Ink on scrap Whisper White and colored with the Crumb Cake, Mango Melody, Old Olive, and Calypso Coral Stampin’ Blends. It was cut out by hand and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The Flowers and leaves were stamped with Memento Black Ink on scrap Whisper White and colored with the same Blends, then hand-cut and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A trio of Pearls were colored with Blends and added to the background of the Whisper White layer.
I need to remember this layout because I LOVE it! Make sure to check out what the Challenge Team did with this week’s “Case the Catalog” challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Stampin' Up! has outdone themselves with this pretty fall set called Nature's Harvest! It has flowers, leaves, branches and some wonderful greetings and we love the detailed Harvest Dies! For this Collection, we've paired the NATURE'S HARVEST BUNDLE with the coordinating Harvest Meadow Designer Paper for an explosion of muted fall colors and fun designs! You'll get SIX card ideas and TWO easy 3D projects using this gorgeous bundle! That's a total of EIGHT tutorials! See more details here!
Aren't those sheep just the CUTEST? How on earth could you ever resist getting them! We couldn't wait to play with this set and build a card tutorial Collection for you that we know you will love! AND...best of all you can get the stamp set and dies for FREE during Stampin' Up!'s Sale-A-Bration period! For this Collection, we've paired the COUNTING SHEEP STAMP SET and SHEEP DIES with the Border Basics Dies and Pattern Party Designer Paper for a bright and cheerful look! You'll get SIX card ideas using this fun bundle! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: KWK2ZCM9