It’s Thursday and time for another Create with Connie and Mary Challenge! For the month of July we are “Casing the Catalog” and this is our THIRD week! What does that mean? We have taken one of the Stampin’ Up! sample cards in the Annual Catalog and using the colors, layout, OR inspiration, we are challenged to make our own card! It will be fun to see what the Challenge Team does with them!
I love the Free As A Bird stamp set…the little birds are SO much fun to color! I followed the general layout of the catalog sample and used the Stamparatus step method to stamp the Hello greeting along the side! SO easy!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Crumb Cake cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- On the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Crumb Cake cardstock, the Stamparatus was used with the Hello greeting from Free As A Bird and Soft Suede Ink to line it up down the side.
- A 2-1/2 x 3-1/2 piece of the Bird Ballad striped DSP was added to the front.
- A 1-7/8 x 4-1/4 piece of Whisper White cardstock was stamped with the greeting in Memento Black Ink towards the bottom. It was added on top of the DSP.
- The bird was stamped with Memento Black Ink on scrap Whisper White and colored with the Crumb Cake, Mango Melody, Old Olive, and Calypso Coral Stampin’ Blends. It was cut out by hand and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The Flowers and leaves were stamped with Memento Black Ink on scrap Whisper White and colored with the same Blends, then hand-cut and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A trio of Pearls were colored with Blends and added to the background of the Whisper White layer.
I need to remember this layout because I LOVE it! Make sure to check out what the Challenge Team did with this week’s “Case the Catalog” challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary!
For our CELEBRATION TIDINGS COLLECTION we've done something other than bag toppers! Our Collection has FOUR cards, a GIFT CARD holder and a fun SWEET TREAT HOLDER for a total of SIX tutorials! These tutorials are easy enough for in-person or online classes! ALL SIX tutorials using the CELEBRATION TIDINGS BUNDLE and Plaid Tidings Designer Paper are BRAND NEW and have step-by-step directions. SEE MORE DETAILS HERE!
From sweet to just a little bit spooky...the HALLOWS NIGHT MAGIC BUNDLE is a great Halloween set. The labels in the Halloween Magic Dies can be used for more than Halloween...they are a wonderful shape! We've paired this bundle with the coordinating Magic in the Night Suite of products! Our HALLOWS NIGHT MAGIC COLLECTION has TWO card tutorials and TWO home decor/favor tutorials. See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: YR927SKF