It’s Thursday and time for another Create with Connie and Mary Challenge! For the month of July we are “Casing the Catalog” and this is our LAST week! What does that mean? We have taken one of the Stampin’ Up! sample cards in the Annual Catalog and using the colors, layout, OR inspiration, we are challenged to make our own card! It will be fun to see what the Challenge Team does with them! I’ve had SO much fun with these challenges!
The banner look on this card really appealed to me. I knew immediately I wanted to use Sailing Home on my card. I followed the general layout of the catalog sample again.
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Sahara Sand cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Sahara Sand cardstock, the right edge was torn going down the side.
- The anchor from Sailing Home stamp set was stamped with Sahara Sand Ink down the side.
- A 3 x 4 piece of Come Sail Away Designer Paper was cut with a pointed end.
- The Night of Navy/Sahara Sand Baker’s Twine was wrapped around the DSP three times and adhered. Then the banner was added to the front of the card.
- The label from the Smooth Sailing Dies was cut from Balmy Blue cardstock and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The lighthouse from Sailing Home was stamped with Night of Navy Ink on scrap Whisper White and colored with the Crumb Cake Blends, then cut with the Dies and added to the front.
- The wheel was cut from Soft Suede cardstock with the Die and adhered beside the label.
- The greeting was stamped with Night of Navy Ink on 1/2 x 3 piece of Whisper White and cut at an angle, then added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals, covering part of the wheel.
- Three Silver Metallic Pearls were added to the background of the banner.
I really like how this turned out! Another layout I will make sure to use again! Make sure to check out what the Challenge Team did with this week’s “Case the Catalog” challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary!
You don't need to be a "Top Chef" to enjoy our new WHAT'S COOKIN' COLLECTION! These cooking utensils and greeting images are SO fun for the baker or cook in your life! We've used the WHAT'S COOKIN' STAMP SET and COOKIN' DIES with the BRIGHTS 6x6 Designer Paper in this Collection! You'll get three card tutorials (one a fun fold) and a sweet (or savory!) packaging idea that makes a great gift for your host/hostess! See more details HERE!
Our next online class collection from the NEW Annual Catalog is the beautiful ARTISTICALLY INKED COLLECTION! Oh my word...have you seen this suite? The artistic images in this set give a unique watercolor look to backgrounds, flowers and leaves! And the metallic gold in the DSP is a perfect touch of bling! We've used ARTISTICALLY INKED STAMP SET, ARTISTIC DIES with the coordinating EXPRESSIONS IN INK DESIGNER PAPER in this Collection! You'll get three card tutorials (one a fun fold) and a keepsake 3D project tutorial you will love! See more details here!
Use HOST CODE: FMKEVSGR