It’s Thursday and time for another Create with Connie and Mary Challenge! For the month of July we are “Casing the Catalog” and this is our LAST week! What does that mean? We have taken one of the Stampin’ Up! sample cards in the Annual Catalog and using the colors, layout, OR inspiration, we are challenged to make our own card! It will be fun to see what the Challenge Team does with them! I’ve had SO much fun with these challenges!
The banner look on this card really appealed to me. I knew immediately I wanted to use Sailing Home on my card. I followed the general layout of the catalog sample again.
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Sahara Sand cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Sahara Sand cardstock, the right edge was torn going down the side.
- The anchor from Sailing Home stamp set was stamped with Sahara Sand Ink down the side.
- A 3 x 4 piece of Come Sail Away Designer Paper was cut with a pointed end.
- The Night of Navy/Sahara Sand Baker’s Twine was wrapped around the DSP three times and adhered. Then the banner was added to the front of the card.
- The label from the Smooth Sailing Dies was cut from Balmy Blue cardstock and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The lighthouse from Sailing Home was stamped with Night of Navy Ink on scrap Whisper White and colored with the Crumb Cake Blends, then cut with the Dies and added to the front.
- The wheel was cut from Soft Suede cardstock with the Die and adhered beside the label.
- The greeting was stamped with Night of Navy Ink on 1/2 x 3 piece of Whisper White and cut at an angle, then added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals, covering part of the wheel.
- Three Silver Metallic Pearls were added to the background of the banner.
I really like how this turned out! Another layout I will make sure to use again! Make sure to check out what the Challenge Team did with this week’s “Case the Catalog” challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary!
We are calling for SPRING in our next Collection from the January-June Mini Catalog using the DAFFODIL DAYDREAM STAMP SET and DAFFODIL DIES! These spring flower images are perfect for coloring or use the dies to build flowers in a variety of colors! We've combined this Daffodil Daydream Bundle with the FREE Sale-A-Bration Daffodil Afternoon Designer Paper for a coordinated look. Our DAFFODIL DAYDREAM COLLECTION has THREE step-by-step card tutorials (one a special fold!) and a useful 3D project, perfect for your desk! See more details here!
Our next Collection in the January-June Mini Catalog is the darling SWEET CONVERSATIONS STAMP SET and SWEET HEARTS DIES! These cute heart graphics can be used for more than Valentine's Day, think birthdays, anniversaries, weddings...or anytime you want to share a little heart love! We've combined this Sweet Conversations Bundle with the Sweet Talk Designer Paper which also has stripes and non-Valentine prints! Our SWEET CONVERSATIONS COLLECTION has THREE step-by-step card tutorials (one a special fold!) and a cute 3D project to fill with treats! See more details here!