It’s Thursday and time for another Create with Connie and Mary Challenge! For the month of July we are “Casing the Catalog” and this is our LAST week! What does that mean? We have taken one of the Stampin’ Up! sample cards in the Annual Catalog and using the colors, layout, OR inspiration, we are challenged to make our own card! It will be fun to see what the Challenge Team does with them! I’ve had SO much fun with these challenges!
The banner look on this card really appealed to me. I knew immediately I wanted to use Sailing Home on my card. I followed the general layout of the catalog sample again.
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Sahara Sand cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Sahara Sand cardstock, the right edge was torn going down the side.
- The anchor from Sailing Home stamp set was stamped with Sahara Sand Ink down the side.
- A 3 x 4 piece of Come Sail Away Designer Paper was cut with a pointed end.
- The Night of Navy/Sahara Sand Baker’s Twine was wrapped around the DSP three times and adhered. Then the banner was added to the front of the card.
- The label from the Smooth Sailing Dies was cut from Balmy Blue cardstock and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The lighthouse from Sailing Home was stamped with Night of Navy Ink on scrap Whisper White and colored with the Crumb Cake Blends, then cut with the Dies and added to the front.
- The wheel was cut from Soft Suede cardstock with the Die and adhered beside the label.
- The greeting was stamped with Night of Navy Ink on 1/2 x 3 piece of Whisper White and cut at an angle, then added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals, covering part of the wheel.
- Three Silver Metallic Pearls were added to the background of the banner.
I really like how this turned out! Another layout I will make sure to use again! Make sure to check out what the Challenge Team did with this week’s “Case the Catalog” challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary!
We are continuing our Annual Catalog releases with the beautiful Prized Peony Suite of products. These DisINKtive stamps and interactive dies make gorgeous flowers! Did you know that peonies come in a variety of colors? We have shown a few different flower colors on our projects. Our expanded Prized Peony Collection has four cards and two small 3D project tutorials, perfect for those special people in your life. See the details HERE!
Next up in our Annual Catalog releases is the absolutely darling WAY TO GOAT stamp set! Really...how much cuter can one set be? The greetings in it are perfect for those friends and family with a sense of humor! Our WAY TO GOAT COLLECTION of six card tutorials is combined with the Tasteful Label Dies and Subtles Designer Paper for a bright, fresh look! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: 7AWMZ9PR