It’s Thursday and time for another Create with Connie and Mary Challenge! For the month of July we are “Casing the Catalog” and this is our LAST week! What does that mean? We have taken one of the Stampin’ Up! sample cards in the Annual Catalog and using the colors, layout, OR inspiration, we are challenged to make our own card! It will be fun to see what the Challenge Team does with them! I’ve had SO much fun with these challenges!
The banner look on this card really appealed to me. I knew immediately I wanted to use Sailing Home on my card. I followed the general layout of the catalog sample again.
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Sahara Sand cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Sahara Sand cardstock, the right edge was torn going down the side.
- The anchor from Sailing Home stamp set was stamped with Sahara Sand Ink down the side.
- A 3 x 4 piece of Come Sail Away Designer Paper was cut with a pointed end.
- The Night of Navy/Sahara Sand Baker’s Twine was wrapped around the DSP three times and adhered. Then the banner was added to the front of the card.
- The label from the Smooth Sailing Dies was cut from Balmy Blue cardstock and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The lighthouse from Sailing Home was stamped with Night of Navy Ink on scrap Whisper White and colored with the Crumb Cake Blends, then cut with the Dies and added to the front.
- The wheel was cut from Soft Suede cardstock with the Die and adhered beside the label.
- The greeting was stamped with Night of Navy Ink on 1/2 x 3 piece of Whisper White and cut at an angle, then added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals, covering part of the wheel.
- Three Silver Metallic Pearls were added to the background of the banner.
I really like how this turned out! Another layout I will make sure to use again! Make sure to check out what the Challenge Team did with this week’s “Case the Catalog” challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Stampin' Up! has designed a "Make a Difference" stamp set called Nature's Beauty in the Holiday Catalog, where $3 of every sale goes towards mental health organizations in each market. To support this endeavor, we have created a collection of SIX card tutorials featuring the Nature's Beauty stamp set! This would make a GREAT class for World Card Making Day on October 5th! We've already done the design work for you with step-by-step directions and cutting information for our SIX unique card design tutorials! More details here!