It’s Thursday and time for another Create with Connie and Mary Challenge! For the month of July we are “Casing the Catalog” and this is our LAST week! What does that mean? We have taken one of the Stampin’ Up! sample cards in the Annual Catalog and using the colors, layout, OR inspiration, we are challenged to make our own card! It will be fun to see what the Challenge Team does with them! I’ve had SO much fun with these challenges!
The banner look on this card really appealed to me. I knew immediately I wanted to use Sailing Home on my card. I followed the general layout of the catalog sample again.
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Sahara Sand cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Sahara Sand cardstock, the right edge was torn going down the side.
- The anchor from Sailing Home stamp set was stamped with Sahara Sand Ink down the side.
- A 3 x 4 piece of Come Sail Away Designer Paper was cut with a pointed end.
- The Night of Navy/Sahara Sand Baker’s Twine was wrapped around the DSP three times and adhered. Then the banner was added to the front of the card.
- The label from the Smooth Sailing Dies was cut from Balmy Blue cardstock and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The lighthouse from Sailing Home was stamped with Night of Navy Ink on scrap Whisper White and colored with the Crumb Cake Blends, then cut with the Dies and added to the front.
- The wheel was cut from Soft Suede cardstock with the Die and adhered beside the label.
- The greeting was stamped with Night of Navy Ink on 1/2 x 3 piece of Whisper White and cut at an angle, then added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals, covering part of the wheel.
- Three Silver Metallic Pearls were added to the background of the banner.
I really like how this turned out! Another layout I will make sure to use again! Make sure to check out what the Challenge Team did with this week’s “Case the Catalog” challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary!
For our CELEBRATION TIDINGS COLLECTION we've done something other than bag toppers! Our Collection has FOUR cards, a GIFT CARD holder and a fun SWEET TREAT HOLDER for a total of SIX tutorials! These tutorials are easy enough for in-person or online classes! ALL SIX tutorials using the CELEBRATION TIDINGS BUNDLE and Plaid Tidings Designer Paper are BRAND NEW and have step-by-step directions. SEE MORE DETAILS HERE!
From sweet to just a little bit spooky...the HALLOWS NIGHT MAGIC BUNDLE is a great Halloween set. The labels in the Halloween Magic Dies can be used for more than Halloween...they are a wonderful shape! We've paired this bundle with the coordinating Magic in the Night Suite of products! Our HALLOWS NIGHT MAGIC COLLECTION has TWO card tutorials and TWO home decor/favor tutorials. See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: YR927SKF