It’s Thursday and we have a fabulous color challenge for you this week on Create with Connie and Mary!
With these colors, I just HAD to go with a flower card, right??? I think I did a little “twist” on using this stamp set, Inspiring Iris. I used the leaves to make the “wreath”!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Terracotta Tile cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of So Saffron cardstock.
- On the 3-3/4 x 5 layer of Whisper White, the leaves from Inspiring Iris stamp set were stamped with Garden Green Ink in a circular shape to make a “wreath” towards the bottom of the layer.
- The flowers were stamped with Memento Black Ink on scrap Whisper White cardstock twice, then stamped with So Saffron Ink for the petals, Terracotta Tile Ink for the center and Garden Green Ink for the leaves. They were hand-cut and added to the “wreath” with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A trio of Happiness Blooms Enamel Dots were added to the background.
- Some Linen Thread was tied in a bow and added to the leaves with Mini Glue Dot.
I’m really liking how this turned out! OK…check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did this week with the color challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary! Fabulous ideas, I’m sure!
Create with Connie and Mary's next Collection of tutorials combines the Wonderfully Wicked Stamp Set with the Ornate Frames Dies! What a FABULOUSLY spooky combination! We have created SIX fun treat boxes in this Collection with step-by-step photo tutorials. You'll love making these fun little gifts for friends, family and neighbors! Fill with candy or other small items and they are ready to go! Perfect for fall craft fairs! (All but one can easily be adapted for Christmas treats, too!) See all the details HERE!