It’s Thursday and we have a fabulous color challenge for you this week on Create with Connie and Mary!
With these colors, I just HAD to go with a flower card, right??? I think I did a little “twist” on using this stamp set, Inspiring Iris. I used the leaves to make the “wreath”!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Terracotta Tile cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of So Saffron cardstock.
- On the 3-3/4 x 5 layer of Whisper White, the leaves from Inspiring Iris stamp set were stamped with Garden Green Ink in a circular shape to make a “wreath” towards the bottom of the layer.
- The flowers were stamped with Memento Black Ink on scrap Whisper White cardstock twice, then stamped with So Saffron Ink for the petals, Terracotta Tile Ink for the center and Garden Green Ink for the leaves. They were hand-cut and added to the “wreath” with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A trio of Happiness Blooms Enamel Dots were added to the background.
- Some Linen Thread was tied in a bow and added to the leaves with Mini Glue Dot.
I’m really liking how this turned out! OK…check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did this week with the color challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary! Fabulous ideas, I’m sure!
Wow! Have you noticed Stampin' Up!'s PLENTIFUL PLANTS BUNDLE in the new Annual Catalog? So many fun plants and containers to mix and match, plus there is a macramé hanger in it! We've used the PLENTIFUL PLANTS STAMP SET AND PERFECT PLANTS DIES with the coordinating BLOOM WHERE YOU ARE PLANTED DESIGNER PAPER in this Collection! You'll get three card tutorials (one a fun fold) and a cute little container idea to make for yourself or give as a little gift! More details here!
You don't need to be a "Top Chef" to enjoy our new WHAT'S COOKIN' COLLECTION! These cooking utensils and greeting images are SO fun for the baker or cook in your life! We've used the WHAT'S COOKIN' STAMP SET and COOKIN' DIES with the BRIGHTS 6x6 Designer Paper in this Collection! You'll get three card tutorials (one a fun fold) and a sweet (or savory!) packaging idea that makes a great gift for your host/hostess! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: FMKEVSGR