It’s another Thursday rolling around and we have a fun sketch Challenge for you on Create with Connie and Mary!
I decided to use Toile Christmas…one of the stamp sets we received on the Stampin’ Up! Incentive Trip to the Greek Isles, along with the Toile Designer Paper I also received as a pillow gift! I love cardinals…they always remind me of my Grandma. She had several little figurines of them sitting around and she loved the color red!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Thick Very Vanilla, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- A 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Toile Tidings Designer Paper was added on top.
- A 2-3/4 x 3-1/2 piece of Very Vanilla cardstock was layered on a 2-7/8 x 3-5/8 piece of Real Red cardstock and added to the front.
- A 3/4 x 4 strip of the striped pattern in Toile Tidings was added across the front.
- The cardinal in Toile Christmas was stamped with Memento Black Ink, then colored with Real Red and Cherry Cobbler Blends, with the beak in Mango Melody. It was cut with the Christmas Cardinal Die and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The greeting was stamped with Real Red Ink on Very Vanilla c/s and cut with the die also. It was added on top of the Cardinal.
- A trio of Red Rhinestone Jewels were added to the background.
Isn’t that lovely? So rich looking! I didn’t know if I was crazy about that DSP or not…but I really do like how this card turned out…and I always love stripes! Make sure to check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did this week over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Create with Connie and Mary's next Collection of tutorials combines the Wonderfully Wicked Stamp Set with the Ornate Frames Dies! What a FABULOUSLY spooky combination! We have created SIX fun treat boxes in this Collection with step-by-step photo tutorials. You'll love making these fun little gifts for friends, family and neighbors! Fill with candy or other small items and they are ready to go! Perfect for fall craft fairs! (All but one can easily be adapted for Christmas treats, too!) See all the details HERE!