It’s another Thursday rolling around and we have a fun sketch Challenge for you on Create with Connie and Mary!
I decided to use Toile Christmas…one of the stamp sets we received on the Stampin’ Up! Incentive Trip to the Greek Isles, along with the Toile Designer Paper I also received as a pillow gift! I love cardinals…they always remind me of my Grandma. She had several little figurines of them sitting around and she loved the color red!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Thick Very Vanilla, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- A 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Toile Tidings Designer Paper was added on top.
- A 2-3/4 x 3-1/2 piece of Very Vanilla cardstock was layered on a 2-7/8 x 3-5/8 piece of Real Red cardstock and added to the front.
- A 3/4 x 4 strip of the striped pattern in Toile Tidings was added across the front.
- The cardinal in Toile Christmas was stamped with Memento Black Ink, then colored with Real Red and Cherry Cobbler Blends, with the beak in Mango Melody. It was cut with the Christmas Cardinal Die and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The greeting was stamped with Real Red Ink on Very Vanilla c/s and cut with the die also. It was added on top of the Cardinal.
- A trio of Red Rhinestone Jewels were added to the background.
Isn’t that lovely? So rich looking! I didn’t know if I was crazy about that DSP or not…but I really do like how this card turned out…and I always love stripes! Make sure to check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did this week over on Create with Connie and Mary!
We are calling for SPRING in our next Collection from the January-June Mini Catalog using the DAFFODIL DAYDREAM STAMP SET and DAFFODIL DIES! These spring flower images are perfect for coloring or use the dies to build flowers in a variety of colors! We've combined this Daffodil Daydream Bundle with the FREE Sale-A-Bration Daffodil Afternoon Designer Paper for a coordinated look. Our DAFFODIL DAYDREAM COLLECTION has THREE step-by-step card tutorials (one a special fold!) and a useful 3D project, perfect for your desk! See more details here!
Our next Collection in the January-June Mini Catalog is the darling SWEET CONVERSATIONS STAMP SET and SWEET HEARTS DIES! These cute heart graphics can be used for more than Valentine's Day, think birthdays, anniversaries, weddings...or anytime you want to share a little heart love! We've combined this Sweet Conversations Bundle with the Sweet Talk Designer Paper which also has stripes and non-Valentine prints! Our SWEET CONVERSATIONS COLLECTION has THREE step-by-step card tutorials (one a special fold!) and a cute 3D project to fill with treats! See more details here!