It’s another Thursday rolling around and we have a fun sketch Challenge for you on Create with Connie and Mary!
I decided to use Toile Christmas…one of the stamp sets we received on the Stampin’ Up! Incentive Trip to the Greek Isles, along with the Toile Designer Paper I also received as a pillow gift! I love cardinals…they always remind me of my Grandma. She had several little figurines of them sitting around and she loved the color red!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Thick Very Vanilla, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- A 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Toile Tidings Designer Paper was added on top.
- A 2-3/4 x 3-1/2 piece of Very Vanilla cardstock was layered on a 2-7/8 x 3-5/8 piece of Real Red cardstock and added to the front.
- A 3/4 x 4 strip of the striped pattern in Toile Tidings was added across the front.
- The cardinal in Toile Christmas was stamped with Memento Black Ink, then colored with Real Red and Cherry Cobbler Blends, with the beak in Mango Melody. It was cut with the Christmas Cardinal Die and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The greeting was stamped with Real Red Ink on Very Vanilla c/s and cut with the die also. It was added on top of the Cardinal.
- A trio of Red Rhinestone Jewels were added to the background.
Isn’t that lovely? So rich looking! I didn’t know if I was crazy about that DSP or not…but I really do like how this card turned out…and I always love stripes! Make sure to check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did this week over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Wow! Have you noticed Stampin' Up!'s PLENTIFUL PLANTS BUNDLE in the new Annual Catalog? So many fun plants and containers to mix and match, plus there is a macramé hanger in it! We've used the PLENTIFUL PLANTS STAMP SET AND PERFECT PLANTS DIES with the coordinating BLOOM WHERE YOU ARE PLANTED DESIGNER PAPER in this Collection! You'll get three card tutorials (one a fun fold) and a cute little container idea to make for yourself or give as a little gift! More details here!
You don't need to be a "Top Chef" to enjoy our new WHAT'S COOKIN' COLLECTION! These cooking utensils and greeting images are SO fun for the baker or cook in your life! We've used the WHAT'S COOKIN' STAMP SET and COOKIN' DIES with the BRIGHTS 6x6 Designer Paper in this Collection! You'll get three card tutorials (one a fun fold) and a sweet (or savory!) packaging idea that makes a great gift for your host/hostess! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: FMKEVSGR