Hello everyone!!! Happy last Thursday in February! lol! It’s time for another Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge. We have a color challenge for you…and it WAS a challenge for me!
I couldn’t find a DSP that had all three of these colors, so I “altered” one that I did have! I used the stripe in Best Dressed DSP and changed out the Mint Macaron color to Old Olive by using my Light Old Olive Stampin’ Blends! It worked perfectly and since the lines were kind of abstract watercolor looking, I didn’t even have to be that careful when I did it!
Here’s my card using Timeless Tropical again. I really do like that set!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Thick Whisper White cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Purple Posy cardstock.
- A 2-1/4 x 5-1/4 piece of “altered” Best Dressed DSP was added to a 2-1/2 x 5-1/4 piece of Pretty Peacock cardstock and then to the front of the card.
- A 2″ circle was punched from Whisper White cardstock and added to the front.
- The palm trees were colored with Old Olive and Early Espresso Stampin’ Write Makers and then stamped on Whisper White cardstock, and cut with the In the Tropics Die, then added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The flowers were stamped with Memento Black Ink and colored with the Purple Posy Light & Dark Stampin’ Blends, cut with the In The Tropics Die and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The ferns and leaves and Aloha were cut from Pretty Peacock and Old Olive cardstock with the In The Tropic Dies, then tucked around the flowers with Mini Glue Dots.
- Inside the flowers centers are Nobel Peacock Rhinestones with another added in the background.
I love how this turned out and I need to remember to alter my DSP more often when I don’t have the exact colors I need! Make sure to check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did this week over on Create with Connie and Mary! Some fun ideas with these colors!
For our Friends are Like Seashells Collection, we've made FOUR cards (one a fun fold), a small favor and a 3D project that are perfect for your stamp camps and classes! This bundle has a coordinating 3D Embossing Folder that can be used with the large die for a stamp, emboss and cut combo that has so much texture, they almost look real! See more details HERE!
Next up for us to feature is the LOTS OF HEART Stamp Set and MANY HEARTS Dies! Even with all the hearts, this bundle is more than just a Valentine set! For this Lots of Heart Collection, we've made FOUR cards and TWO small favors, perfect to give someone you love or as a little thank you! We've paired this bundle with the cute and colorful Snail Mail Designer Paper and accessories. See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: DFQD4KKC