Hello everyone!!! Happy last Thursday in February! lol! It’s time for another Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge. We have a color challenge for you…and it WAS a challenge for me!
I couldn’t find a DSP that had all three of these colors, so I “altered” one that I did have! I used the stripe in Best Dressed DSP and changed out the Mint Macaron color to Old Olive by using my Light Old Olive Stampin’ Blends! It worked perfectly and since the lines were kind of abstract watercolor looking, I didn’t even have to be that careful when I did it!
Here’s my card using Timeless Tropical again. I really do like that set!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Thick Whisper White cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Purple Posy cardstock.
- A 2-1/4 x 5-1/4 piece of “altered” Best Dressed DSP was added to a 2-1/2 x 5-1/4 piece of Pretty Peacock cardstock and then to the front of the card.
- A 2″ circle was punched from Whisper White cardstock and added to the front.
- The palm trees were colored with Old Olive and Early Espresso Stampin’ Write Makers and then stamped on Whisper White cardstock, and cut with the In the Tropics Die, then added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The flowers were stamped with Memento Black Ink and colored with the Purple Posy Light & Dark Stampin’ Blends, cut with the In The Tropics Die and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The ferns and leaves and Aloha were cut from Pretty Peacock and Old Olive cardstock with the In The Tropic Dies, then tucked around the flowers with Mini Glue Dots.
- Inside the flowers centers are Nobel Peacock Rhinestones with another added in the background.
I love how this turned out and I need to remember to alter my DSP more often when I don’t have the exact colors I need! Make sure to check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did this week over on Create with Connie and Mary! Some fun ideas with these colors!
Stampin' Up! has outdone themselves with this pretty fall set called Nature's Harvest! It has flowers, leaves, branches and some wonderful greetings and we love the detailed Harvest Dies! For this Collection, we've paired the NATURE'S HARVEST BUNDLE with the coordinating Harvest Meadow Designer Paper for an explosion of muted fall colors and fun designs! You'll get SIX card ideas and TWO easy 3D projects using this gorgeous bundle! That's a total of EIGHT tutorials! See more details here!
Aren't those sheep just the CUTEST? How on earth could you ever resist getting them! We couldn't wait to play with this set and build a card tutorial Collection for you that we know you will love! AND...best of all you can get the stamp set and dies for FREE during Stampin' Up!'s Sale-A-Bration period! For this Collection, we've paired the COUNTING SHEEP STAMP SET and SHEEP DIES with the Border Basics Dies and Pattern Party Designer Paper for a bright and cheerful look! You'll get SIX card ideas using this fun bundle! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: KWK2ZCM9