Hello everyone!!! Happy last Thursday in February! lol! It’s time for another Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge. We have a color challenge for you…and it WAS a challenge for me!
I couldn’t find a DSP that had all three of these colors, so I “altered” one that I did have! I used the stripe in Best Dressed DSP and changed out the Mint Macaron color to Old Olive by using my Light Old Olive Stampin’ Blends! It worked perfectly and since the lines were kind of abstract watercolor looking, I didn’t even have to be that careful when I did it!
Here’s my card using Timeless Tropical again. I really do like that set!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Thick Whisper White cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Purple Posy cardstock.
- A 2-1/4 x 5-1/4 piece of “altered” Best Dressed DSP was added to a 2-1/2 x 5-1/4 piece of Pretty Peacock cardstock and then to the front of the card.
- A 2″ circle was punched from Whisper White cardstock and added to the front.
- The palm trees were colored with Old Olive and Early Espresso Stampin’ Write Makers and then stamped on Whisper White cardstock, and cut with the In the Tropics Die, then added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The flowers were stamped with Memento Black Ink and colored with the Purple Posy Light & Dark Stampin’ Blends, cut with the In The Tropics Die and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The ferns and leaves and Aloha were cut from Pretty Peacock and Old Olive cardstock with the In The Tropic Dies, then tucked around the flowers with Mini Glue Dots.
- Inside the flowers centers are Nobel Peacock Rhinestones with another added in the background.
I love how this turned out and I need to remember to alter my DSP more often when I don’t have the exact colors I need! Make sure to check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did this week over on Create with Connie and Mary! Some fun ideas with these colors!
This Collection of tutorials, using Stampin' Up!'s TIMELESS TROPICAL BUNDLE AND TROPICAL OASIS SUITE of products, has three cards (one a special fun fold!) and a clever 3D tote to fill with your favorite candy or a small gift! ALL tutorials are BRAND NEW and have step-by-step photo directions. Your customers will LOVE these fun projects! See more details HERE!
This Collection of tutorials, using the CLUBHOUSE STAMP SET AND GOLF CLUB DIES combined with the Country Club Designer Paper, has three cards (one a gift card holder!) and a fun 3D favor for any sports lover. ALL tutorials are BRAND NEW and have step-by-step photo directions. We know these will be a hit in your classes! See the details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: RTY9ZMMH