Hello everyone!!! Happy last Thursday in February! lol! It’s time for another Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge. We have a color challenge for you…and it WAS a challenge for me!
I couldn’t find a DSP that had all three of these colors, so I “altered” one that I did have! I used the stripe in Best Dressed DSP and changed out the Mint Macaron color to Old Olive by using my Light Old Olive Stampin’ Blends! It worked perfectly and since the lines were kind of abstract watercolor looking, I didn’t even have to be that careful when I did it!
Here’s my card using Timeless Tropical again. I really do like that set!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Thick Whisper White cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Purple Posy cardstock.
- A 2-1/4 x 5-1/4 piece of “altered” Best Dressed DSP was added to a 2-1/2 x 5-1/4 piece of Pretty Peacock cardstock and then to the front of the card.
- A 2″ circle was punched from Whisper White cardstock and added to the front.
- The palm trees were colored with Old Olive and Early Espresso Stampin’ Write Makers and then stamped on Whisper White cardstock, and cut with the In the Tropics Die, then added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The flowers were stamped with Memento Black Ink and colored with the Purple Posy Light & Dark Stampin’ Blends, cut with the In The Tropics Die and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The ferns and leaves and Aloha were cut from Pretty Peacock and Old Olive cardstock with the In The Tropic Dies, then tucked around the flowers with Mini Glue Dots.
- Inside the flowers centers are Nobel Peacock Rhinestones with another added in the background.
I love how this turned out and I need to remember to alter my DSP more often when I don’t have the exact colors I need! Make sure to check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did this week over on Create with Connie and Mary! Some fun ideas with these colors!
Use HOST CODE: FFQJYT32
Create some winter magic with Stampin' Up!'s MAGICAL MEADOW BUNDLE! The delicate sprigs, berries and foliage combined with fine-line greetings promote winter's subtle beauty. Add a birthday, anniversary or get well greeting instead for an extra special message to warm up the cold weather months. Our MAGICAL MEADOW CARD COLLECTION features the MAGICAL MEADOW BUNDLE with the WINTER MEADOW DESIGNER PAPER. There are step-by-step tutorial instructions for SIX cards in this Collection! See more details HERE!
Celebrating a holly, jolly Christmas or any festive occasion is SO easy using Stampin' Up!'s MERRY & BRIGHT STAMP SET & DIES! Mix and match the word block greetings and use the two different types of lights for bright and colorful fun and instant cheer on your paper projects. Our MERRY & BRIGHT COLLECTION features the MERRY & BRIGHT BUNDLE with the MERRY BOLD & BRIGHT DESIGNER PAPER to make quick cards or decorations for any type of party. There are step-by-step tutorial instructions for SIX projects...four card designs AND two gift card holder ideas! See more details HERE!
Winter trees to Christmas scenes, our MERRIEST TREES COLLECTION has you covered! With multiple sizes of trees, presents, ornaments and stars that double as snowflakes, you won't run out of creative options using this set! We featured the MERRIEST TREES STAMP SET AND DIES with the A WALK IN THE FOREST DESIGNER PAPER to share the love of Christmas and the entire winter season. There are step-by-step instructions for four projects...three card designs (one a fun fold) and a special project to use yourself, sell at craft fairs, or give away as a gift during the holidays! See more details HERE!