Happy original TAX DAY (or not!) SOOOO glad I got mine done a couple weeks ago. But now they have extended the date. lol! It’s Thursday and you know that means it is time for a Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge. The sketch today was just BEGGING to use Designer Paper!
FRIENDS ARE LIKE SEASHELLS
Well, I ORIGINALLY had a card done with all of the Butterfly Bijou Designer Paper, but it sold out SO quickly! I didn’t want to use it since it was no longer available. So, I completely re-did my card using Friends are Like Seashells and the Sand & Sea DSP.
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 So Saffron cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Basic White was embossed with the Hammered EF and added on top.
- TWO pieces of 3 x 4-1/2 Sand & Sea DSP were added staggered to the front.
- A 5/8 x 4 strip of So Saffron cardstock was added towards the left side.
- Basic White cardstock was stamped with the large seashell in So Saffron, the conch shell in Melon Mambo, and the sand-dollar with Blushing Bride Inks and cut out. They were added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The greeting from Friends are like Seashells was stamped in Memento Black Ink on Blushing Bride cardstock, then punched with the retiring Timeless Label Punch.
- A trio of Adhesive Sequins were added to the label.
- Some Wink of Stella was applied to the shells for a little shimmer!
Love the brighter colors for these seashells…I normally do neutrals! OK, go check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did with this sketch over on Create with Connie and Mary!
We are calling for SPRING in our next Collection from the January-June Mini Catalog using the DAFFODIL DAYDREAM STAMP SET and DAFFODIL DIES! These spring flower images are perfect for coloring or use the dies to build flowers in a variety of colors! We've combined this Daffodil Daydream Bundle with the FREE Sale-A-Bration Daffodil Afternoon Designer Paper for a coordinated look. Our DAFFODIL DAYDREAM COLLECTION has THREE step-by-step card tutorials (one a special fold!) and a useful 3D project, perfect for your desk! See more details here!
Our next Collection in the January-June Mini Catalog is the darling SWEET CONVERSATIONS STAMP SET and SWEET HEARTS DIES! These cute heart graphics can be used for more than Valentine's Day, think birthdays, anniversaries, weddings...or anytime you want to share a little heart love! We've combined this Sweet Conversations Bundle with the Sweet Talk Designer Paper which also has stripes and non-Valentine prints! Our SWEET CONVERSATIONS COLLECTION has THREE step-by-step card tutorials (one a special fold!) and a cute 3D project to fill with treats! See more details here!