Hello! It’s Thursday and you know that means it is time for a Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge. We have a lovely color combination for you to try this week. The black with the bright pink really pops!
I wanted to use one of my new Christmas sets with these colors and thought the Merriest Moments Bundle would be perfect! I almost didn’t get this bundle, but SO glad I did. Love that the large background die can be cut AND embossed! I did both, although it is hard to see since I used black.
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Polished Pink cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Smoky Slate cardstock.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 piece of Basic Black cardstock was embossed with the Merriest Frames Hybrid Embossing Folder, then cut with the Merriest Moments Frames die. It was added to the front
- The frame was cut from Basic White cardstock with the frame in the die and stamped with the greeting in Memento Black Ink towards the right side. It was added with Stampin’ Dimensionals to the embossed frame.
- Two large flowers and two small flowers were stamped with Polished Pink Ink and two medium and two large leaves were stamped with Smoky Slate Ink. All were cut with the Merriest Frames Dies. They were added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The pink In Color Jewels were added to the center and one next to the greeting for a little bling!
I really love how this turned out and the non-traditional Christmas colors! The pink almost looks neon next to the gray and black! Go check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did with this color combination over on Create with Connie and Mary!
We all know that dogs are a person's best friend and Stampin' Up!'s new CHRISTMAS SCOTTIES BUNDLE is adorable and not just for Christmas! These festive Scottish Terrier pups are all ready to wish anyone some cheer any time of the year! In this CHRISTMAS SCOTTIES CARD COLLECTION, we have four all-occasion and two Christmas card ideas for a total of SIX card design tutorials! We've paired the Christmas Scotties Stamp Set and Scottie Dog Punch along with the CELEBRATIONS TAG DIES and new Black & White Designs Designer Paper with some bright colors to dress them up! See more details here!
The classically beautiful Cottage Rose Stamp Set and Cottage Flowers Dies is next up in our collection of tutorials. From buds to blossoms, beautiful floral silhouettes and accent pieces allow you to range from simple to elegant! Six all-occasion greetings will complete the timeless look. Our Cottage Rose Collection has SIX card design tutorials! We've paired the Cottage Rose Stamp Set and Cottage Flower Dies with the new Abigail Rose Designer Paper and some bright colors in this Collection for a fresh look! See more details HERE!