Hello! It’s Thursday and you know that means it is time for a Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge. I loved this week’s sketch! I know I’ll be using it again!
I thought right away of using a poinsettia for the focus circle on the sketch and it worked perfectly! I paired it with the Heartwarming Hugs Designer Paper that I LOVE, and am so happy they brought it back this year!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Pear Pizzazz cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- A 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Garden Green cardstock was added on top.
- The 3 x 3 piece of Heartwarming Hugs DSP was cut with the Basic Border Dies with the point off center, then adhered to the front.
- Seasons Greetings was stamped with Real Red Ink on a 1 x 3-1/2 piece of Basic White cardstock, and adhered over the DSP towards the left side.
- The large and small poinsettias from Merriest Moments stamp set were stamped with Real Red Ink on scrap Basic White cardstock, then cut with the Merriest Frames Hybrid Dies. They were adhered together with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The three holly leaves were stamped with Garden Green Ink on scrap Basic White cardstock and also cut with the Merriest Frames Hybrid Dies. They were adhered under the poinsettia with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Three gold/clear Wonderful Gems were added to the center of the Poinsettia and three red for the background.
I love the clean simplicity of this card…looks so elegant! Go check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did with this sketch over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Our popular TECHNIQUES Collection is back with SIX new techniques for cards! We are featuring the upcoming BLESSINGS OF HOME STAMP SET and FLOWERS OF HOME DIES (available for demos to preorder now and customers on January 3) along with the techniques. These flower images are so pretty to color or leave monochromatic for a vintage look! We've also paired the Bundle with the HEART & HOME DESIGNER PAPER on our SIX technique card tutorials. See more details here!
Don't you LOVE a great tree set? We do! In this bundle, use the trees singly or build an entire forest! They aren't just for Christmas cards, this bundle can be used year-around to build a woodsy scene. For our Collection, we've paired Stampin' Up!'s WHIMSICAL TREES STAMP SET and CHRISTMAS TREE DIES with the WHIMSY & WONDER DESIGNER PAPER to create three cards (one a special fold card) and a fabulous 3D project you can't wait to use...just in time for the holidays! See more details HERE!