Hello! It’s Thursday and you know that means it is time for a Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge. It’s a great color combination this week! I know it is appropriate for New Year’s, but I’m ready to jump onto the next holiday…Valentine’s Day!
BOUQUET OF LOVE HYBRID EMBOSSING FOLDER/DIES
I wanted to use the stitched heart in the new Bouquet o Love Hybrid EF/Dies and didn’t realize that the stitching is on the OUTSIDE of the heart, so then adapted my card to use the reverse heart! It actually turned out better!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Thick Basic White, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- Next is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Basic Black cardstock.
- A 3-3/4 x 5 layer of Pattern Party DSP (Host only) was added to the Basic Black, then some Simply Elegant Silver Cord wrapped around twice and tied in a bow. It was added to the base card.
- The Stitched Heart was cut from a 2-3/4 x 3 piece of Silver Foil and the reverse image used. A 2-3/4 x 3 piece of Basic Black was added to the back. It was popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The trio of flowers from the Dies were cut from Basic White cardstock and added with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Happy Valentine’s Day from Sweet Conversations was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Basic White and cut with the label from the Dies. It was added across the heart with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A trio of Basic Rhinestones were added to the flowers for a little bling!
This just might be my hubby’s card this year. Even with the flowers, it has a masculine feel with the fun black and white buffalo check print! Go check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did with this color combination over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Make someone HAPPY by sharing one of the projects from our next Collection using the RAINBOW OF HAPPINESS STAMP SET and BRILLIANT RAINBOW DIES! Use the stamps and/or dies to create rainbows in your favorite colors! Mix and match the hearts, raindrops, clouds and texture images with the greetings! We've combined this RAINBOW OF HAPPINESS Bundle with the SUNSHINE & RAINBOWS Designer Paper for a coordinated look. Our RAINBOW OF HAPPINESS COLLECTION has SIX projects - FOUR step-by-step card tutorials AND two 3D treat favors that will be perfect to share! See more details HERE!
We are calling for SPRING in our next Collection from the January-June Mini Catalog using the DAFFODIL DAYDREAM STAMP SET and DAFFODIL DIES! These spring flower images are perfect for coloring or use the dies to build flowers in a variety of colors! We've combined this Daffodil Daydream Bundle with the FREE Sale-A-Bration Daffodil Afternoon Designer Paper for a coordinated look. Our DAFFODIL DAYDREAM COLLECTION has THREE step-by-step card tutorials (one a special fold!) and a useful 3D project, perfect for your desk! See more details here!