Hello! It’s Thursday and you know that means it is time for a Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge. We have a fun sketch this week for you to try!
FLOWERING RAIN BOOTS
This week I feel like spring has sprung. Of course, I’m in Florida, so it is warmer here than in Ohio! My kind of weather! I am using one of my new Jan-June Mini Catalog bundles, Flowering Rain Boots on today’s card! I thought the watering can would be a good substitute for the rectangle on the sketch.
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Pale Papaya cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Flirty Flamingo cardstock.
- I used the diagonal print in the SAB Daffodil Afternoon Designer Paper sized 2-1/4 x 4-3/4 and added towards thte left side.
- A 1/2 x 3-1/4 strip of Pale Papaya cardstock was added towards the top.
- The watering can was stamped with Smoky Slate Ink and the daisies with Pear Pizzazz Ink on Basic White, then cut with the Rainboots Dies. The flowers were colored with Pale Papaya Combo Stampin’ Blends and the centers with Dark Flirty Flamingo Blends. They were popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The greeting was stamped with Basic Gray Ink on 5/8 x 2-1/2 Basic White cardstock, then the end cut at an angle.
- Some White Baker’s Twine was colored with the Dark Flirty Flamingo Stampin’ Blends, then tied in a bow and added to the watering can with a Mini Glue Dot.
- A trio of Iridescent Rhinestones were added to the background.
Isn’t that a fun set? LOVE it! OK, go check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did with this sketch over on Create with Connie and Mary!
We are calling for SPRING in our next Collection from the January-June Mini Catalog using the DAFFODIL DAYDREAM STAMP SET and DAFFODIL DIES! These spring flower images are perfect for coloring or use the dies to build flowers in a variety of colors! We've combined this Daffodil Daydream Bundle with the FREE Sale-A-Bration Daffodil Afternoon Designer Paper for a coordinated look. Our DAFFODIL DAYDREAM COLLECTION has THREE step-by-step card tutorials (one a special fold!) and a useful 3D project, perfect for your desk! See more details here!
Our next Collection in the January-June Mini Catalog is the darling SWEET CONVERSATIONS STAMP SET and SWEET HEARTS DIES! These cute heart graphics can be used for more than Valentine's Day, think birthdays, anniversaries, weddings...or anytime you want to share a little heart love! We've combined this Sweet Conversations Bundle with the Sweet Talk Designer Paper which also has stripes and non-Valentine prints! Our SWEET CONVERSATIONS COLLECTION has THREE step-by-step card tutorials (one a special fold!) and a cute 3D project to fill with treats! See more details here!