It’s Thursday and you know that means it is time for a Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge. Today it is a pretty color combination!
BUTTERFLIES & FLOWERS DECORATIVE MASKS
Who used to do stenciling on their walls? I did a bathroom and a border in one of the houses where we lived! I haven’t used Stampin’ Up1’s decorative masks as much as I would have liked…they have been on backorder for a while. But I pulled out the flowers to use on today’s color challenge!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Pool Party cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- A 2-3/4 x 5-1/2 piece of Pattern Party Designer Paper (host only) was added to the background.
- A 3-1/4 x 4-1/2 piece of Highland Heather cardstock was added at an angle on top with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- On the 3 x 4-1/4 Basic White cardstock, the background decorative mask for the flowers was very lightly colored with the Highland Heather Ink and a Blending Brush (it almost looks like Fresh Freesia, but it isn’t!). Then the second overlay decorative mask was used with Highland Heather Ink used darker and more intense. That two-tone look really pops!
- The leaves decorative mask was placed and brushed with Granny Apple Green Ink, trying to do one side darker for a little shading.
- The next branch decorative mask was placed and lightly brushed with Pool Party Ink.
- This finished piece was added at the opposite angle on front.
- Congrats from Lucky You stamp set was stamped with Granny Apple Green on scrap Basic White cardstock and hand-cut around it, then added to the front with a Stampin’ Dimensional.
- Three Iridescent Rhinestones were added to the background.
Isn’t that pretty? Love the soft details! OK, go check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did with this challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Use HOST CODE: V3VR2RY9
Build your own pumpkin patch with these fun images in the PICK OF THE PATCH BUNDLE! Mix and match the different sized pumpkins, sentiments, leaves and branches, including a little face for jack-o-lanterns and a friendly crow! The unique PICK OF THE PATCH BUILDER PUNCH helps you quickly punch these images from cardstock or designer paper. We featured the PICK OF THE PATCH BUNDLE with the unexpected O HOLY NIGHT DESIGNER PAPER for some awesome night skies and jewel-tone effects! There are step-by-step instructions for THREE card designs (one a special fold) and a fall decor project! See more details here!
Check out these "jazzy" skeletons in the new BAG OF BONES BUNDLE! So many pieces to mix and max for personalized figures and scenes! Build a spooky scene with tombstones, bats, stars, and even a rickety picket fence using the BAG OF BONES DIES. This bundle is bone-a-fide fun with even a not-so-furry friend or two. Your Halloween crafts are sure to be eerie-sistible! We featured the BAG OF BONES BUNDLE with the THEM BONES DESIGNER PAPER for a spook-tacular collection! There are step-by-step instructions for TWO card designs and TWO treat holder projects! See more details here!
Fill your crate with delightful seasonal flowers and herbs to send good wishes to someone special with the RUSTIC CRATE BUNDLE! The fun RUSTIC CRATE DIES provide cute farmhouse crates, labels, hardware, and gardening gloves as accessories for your floral arrangements! Mix and match any of the sweet sentiments with any image for a personalized touch. We featured the RUSTIC CRATE BUNDLE with the ALL ABOUT AUTUMN DESIGNER PAPER! This tutorial has step-by-step instructions for four projects...three card designs (one a fun fold) and a special gift project! See more details here!