Hello! HAPPY THANKSGIVING in the US!!! It’s Thursday and you know that means it is time for a Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge. This time it is a fun sketch to inspire us!
SWEET CANDY CANES
I love bright pink and bright green for decorating the holidays! Just a little something different than the traditional red and green colors! I have a multicolor white Christmas tree in my rec room that is just so FUN and festive! It will get put up tomorrow! And, I’ve noticed a huge variety in candy cane colors this year! I was tempted to buy the Starburst ones!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Polished Pink cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- A 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Celebrate Everything Designer Paper was added on top.
- The oval was cut with the Framed Florets Dies and stamped the greeting from Sweet Candy Cane stamp set with Polished Pink Ink and added to the front.
- A 1/2 x 5-1/4 strip of coordinating Celebrate Everything DSP was placed towards the bottom of the oval.
- The Wonderful Snowflake was added to the bottom left side with a Stampin’ Dimensional.
- The candy cane was stamped with Granny Apple Green Ink on Basic White cardstock. Some clear packing tape was added over top and then it was cut with the Candy Cane Dies. It gives it the perfect shine! It was added over the snowflake with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The Polished Pink Woven Ribbon was tied in a bow and added to the candy cane with Mini Glue Dots.
- Finally, two pink In Color Opal Rounds were added below the greeting.
Yep…festive and FUN! Go check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did with this challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary
Stamps: Sweet Candy Canes
Ink: Granny Apple Green, Polished Pink
Cardstock: Polished Pink, Basic White, Celebrate Everything Designer Paper
Accessories: Framed Florets Dies, Candy Cane Dies, Polished Pink Woven Ribbon, In Color Opal Rounds, Wonderful Snowflakes, Adhesives, Non-SU Packing Tape
Use HOST CODE: V3VR2RY9
Check out these "jazzy" skeletons in the new BAG OF BONES BUNDLE! So many pieces to mix and max for personalized figures and scenes! Build a spooky scene with tombstones, bats, stars, and even a rickety picket fence using the BAG OF BONES DIES. This bundle is bone-a-fide fun with even a not-so-furry friend or two. Your Halloween crafts are sure to be eerie-sistible! We featured the BAG OF BONES BUNDLE with the THEM BONES DESIGNER PAPER for a spook-tacular collection! There are step-by-step instructions for TWO card designs and TWO treat holder projects! See more details here!
Fill your crate with delightful seasonal flowers and herbs to send good wishes to someone special with the RUSTIC CRATE BUNDLE! The fun RUSTIC CRATE DIES provide cute farmhouse crates, labels, hardware, and gardening gloves as accessories for your floral arrangements! Mix and match any of the sweet sentiments with any image for a personalized touch. We featured the RUSTIC CRATE BUNDLE with the ALL ABOUT AUTUMN DESIGNER PAPER! This tutorial has step-by-step instructions for four projects...three card designs (one a fun fold) and a special gift project! See more details here!
The single and multi-leaf images in the AUTUMN LEAVES BUNDLE give you a lot of different looks for your card making, scrapbooking, gift packaging or elegant tags! Use the stamp images alone or combine with the detailed leaf veins, awesome shaped labels, and stand-alone leaf dies! Celebrate the fall season by sharing your creations using the thankful greetings to express joy and gratitude. We featured the AUTUMN LEAVES BUNDLE with the ALL ABOUT AUTUMN DESIGNER PAPER for a colorful outdoorsy look! There are step-by-step instructions for SIX projects...four card designs and two sweet favor projects! See more details HERE!