It's Saturday and time for the Create with Connie and Mary Winter Collection Saturday Challenge! At the end of each week during the Winter Collection, our designers will be showing off their challenge cards. We invite you to play along…you don't need to be a subscriber either! This week we have a fun sketch challenge!
Calm Christmas is another set that has really grown on me since I've used it! This sketch seemed perfect to hold the bird. I also love the color combination in the Winter Frost Designer Paper this year!
OK…here are the details:
- The 4 1/4 x 11 Coastal Cabana cardstock is folded in half for base card.
- I cut a 2" x 5" piece of Winter Frost Designer Paper, then cut a flag end and placed on the front.
- At the top, I slid on the 1/8 Silver Ribbon and tied a bow.
- At the bottom, I cut a 2" x 2" piece of Silver Glimmer Paper, then imitated the same flag cut as the DSP and tucked it under.
- I cut a 3 7/8 x 3 3/8 piece of Whisper White and stamped the dove with Smoky Slate Ink. I layered it on a 4 x 3 1/2 piece of Island Indigo cardstock and popped it up on the front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
It would be pretty easy to mass produce these for your Christmas cards!
Make sure to check out what the rest of the Create with Connie and Mary Winter Collection Design Team did with this sketch! Love their cards! And…while you are there…make sure to sign up for the Winter Collection 2013! We are just ending Week 1, but you can go back thru all the projects we've done so far without missing anything!