It's the end of Week 3 already over on Create with Connie and Mary Winter Collection 2013! We've had some FABULOUS projects this week, perfect for your holiday classes or gift giving over the holidays! AND, it's not too late to join! Sign up today and you'll be one of the first to see our Week 4 projects and you can refer back to the projects we've already done for up to a year after the edition ends!
Today, the Design Team has a fun sketch challenge for you to try!
Can you see that I used the poinsettia leaves from Joyful Christmas to make my holly leaves? I thought that was pretty clever of me! lol! I LOVE the patterns and colors in the Season of Style Designer Paper this year…very traditional which I appreciate! I think the polka dot pattern is my favorite!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Cherry Cobbler, folded in half.
- I cut the Season of Style Designer Paper polka dot pattern to 2 3/4 x 4 and layered it on 3 x 4 1/4 piece of Old Olive cardstock and placed on the front. Then added a 1 x 5 1/2 strip of Cherry Cobbler print in the same package.
- I used the Circle Framelits to cut the 2 3/4" Crumb Cake and 1 1/2" Cherry Cobbler Circles and placed on the front.
- I made the holly with three of the Joyful Christmas leaves, stamped with Always Artichoke on Old Olive cardstock, then sponged with Old Olive Ink. I added three 1/2" circles of Red Glimmer Paper for the berries.
- I used the Christmas Wishes greeting in That's the Ticket stamp set and punched with the Ticket Duo punch to layer over the bottom of the circles.
- Finally, I added a couple pearls along the right edge for some extra bling!
Make sure to check out what the Design Team did over on Create with Connie and Mary…lots of inspiration for you using this fun sketch! Come play along!