I love this set, Color Me Christmas, the more and more I work with it. At first I thought it was almost too childish…but with a new grandbaby, I'd figure I would still use it. But, it really has turned more whimsical than childish in my mind! Here's a card I did using the Santa for the first time. I'm thinking I'll make my Santa tags with him this year…was quick and easy to color! I also used the new photopolymer stamp set, Christmas Tagables for the greetings.
Here are the details.
- The base of the card is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 of Cherry Cobbler cardstock, folded in half.
- I added a 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Whisper White on top.
- Next is a 2 1/4 x 5" strip of Season of Style Designer Paper, cut with a flag end.
- I stamped the Santa from Color Me Christmas with Black Stazon on Whisper White, then watercolored with Real Red, Cherry Cobbler, Blush Blossom, and Basic Black Stampin' Write Markers. I cut with the Circle Framelits.
- I also cut Basic Black, Cherry Cobbler and Silver Glimmer Circles with the Circle Frameits.
- The Merry Christmas banner and 25 come from the Christmas Tagables set and I stamped them with Basic Black or Cherry Cobbler. The 25 is punched with the 3/4" Circle and adhered to the Silver Glimmer Paper with Monoadhesive.
Isn't he fun? Pretty quick and easy card to make, too!
We are just starting Week 4 over on Create with Connie and Mary Winter Collection 2013! This week we are showing off some FABULOUS Last Minute Gift Ideas for the holidays! These will be perfect for your holiday classes or gift giving! AND, it's not too late to join! Sign up today and you'll be one of the first to see our Week 4 projects and you can refer back to the projects we've already done for up to a year after the edition ends! Really…these projects are just TOO CUTE to miss!