Welcome to the monthly Tour de Freaks, brought to you by the Control Freak Swappers! The theme this month is “Animal Antics”! I love all the new critters in the catalogs…they just keep getting better! Since I’m definitely a “cat” person, I knew I had to get the new Clever Cats Stamp Set from the July-December Mini Catalog. You’ve probably just come from Melissa Davies! Just click on the link below to take you around the entire blog hop for some GREAT inspiration!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Garden Green c/s, scored at 5-1/2 and folded to form the base card.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Gray Granite was embossed with the Macramé Embossing Folder and added to the front.
- A 2-3/4 x 4-3/4 piece of Bloom Where You Are Planted DSP brick pattern was added to the front, then a 1/2 x 4 greenery pattern across the bottom.
- One of the plants was cut out of the DSP by hand and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The next to largest circle from Layering Circle Dies was cut from Basic White and stamped with the cat in the box in Memento Black Ink. The carton was filled in with Gray Granite Ink. The eyes were colored with the Daffodil Delight Marker. The circle is popped up under the plant with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The greeting was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Garden Green c/s and punched with the Label Me Fancy Punch. It is popped up with Dimensionals.
- Some Linen Thread was tied in a bow and added to the cat’s tail with a Mini Glue Dot.
Isn’t that SO fun? I just love these cats! OK…next up on the Control Freaks Blog Hop is the fabulous Debbie Henderson! I know you’ll enjoy her projects, too! She does BEAUTIFUL work!