I think most of us struggle with masculine cards, don’t you? Give me a flower set and I will go to town creating…but more masculine sets take a little more thought process! So, I purchased this stamp set, Country Road, specifically with masculine cards in mind! I made this card for one of the New Catalog Swaps that I participated in.
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Early Espresso cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Very Vanilla cardstock, a 1-1/2 x 5-1/4 strip of Merry Merlot cardstock was placed across the center.
- The country star was stamped with Early Espresso on the Merry Merlot cardstock towards the right side.
- The greeting from Country Road was stamped with Early Espresso Ink below the Merry Merlot strip.
- On the 2-3/4 x 3-3/4 piece of Crumb Cake cardstock, a piece of Wood Textures Designer Paper was angle cut to look like a “roof line” on the bottom.
- The horse weather vane was stamped with Early Espresso Ink above the “roof”
- The edges of the Crumb Cake piece were sponged with Early Espresso Ink and the piece popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A Gold Metallic Pearl was added to the center of the country star.
Here’s a closeup of the card:
My second card uses some lighter colors, but still has a masculine vibe to it.
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Balmy Blue cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded to form the base card.
- A 3-7/8 x 5-1/8 layer of Poppy Parade cardstock was placed on top.
- On the 3-3/4 x 5 piece of Whisper White cardstock, the branch image was stamped diagonally across the bottom with Poppy Parade Ink.
- The speckle image from Timeless Textures was stamped randomly (diagonally) with Balmy Blue Ink in the background.
- The greeting was stamped with Early Espresso Ink.
- The Wagon Wheel was stamped with Early Espresso Ink on Crumb Cake cardstock. Sponged with Crumb Cake Ink and hand cut and trimmed across the bottom, then added to the front.
Here’s a closeup…love these colors for a masculine card!
Hope you liked my masculine cards and can use them for inspiration! OK…next up on the Control Freaks Blog Hop is another good friend, Melissa Davies! I love her work, so I know you’ll enjoy her projects, too!
It's Week 5 of our Christmas is Coming series and Connie and Mary are featuring the whimsical Spirited Snowmen stamp set from the Holiday Catalog! This is such a cute set and we had LOTS of fun designing with it! You'll get THREE card and ONE small 3D tutorials (perfect for craft fairs or a small gift!) with this week's Spirited Snowman Stamp Set for only $10! See the details HERE!