I think most of us struggle with masculine cards, don’t you? Give me a flower set and I will go to town creating…but more masculine sets take a little more thought process! So, I purchased this stamp set, Country Road, specifically with masculine cards in mind! I made this card for one of the New Catalog Swaps that I participated in.
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Early Espresso cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Very Vanilla cardstock, a 1-1/2 x 5-1/4 strip of Merry Merlot cardstock was placed across the center.
- The country star was stamped with Early Espresso on the Merry Merlot cardstock towards the right side.
- The greeting from Country Road was stamped with Early Espresso Ink below the Merry Merlot strip.
- On the 2-3/4 x 3-3/4 piece of Crumb Cake cardstock, a piece of Wood Textures Designer Paper was angle cut to look like a “roof line” on the bottom.
- The horse weather vane was stamped with Early Espresso Ink above the “roof”
- The edges of the Crumb Cake piece were sponged with Early Espresso Ink and the piece popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A Gold Metallic Pearl was added to the center of the country star.
Here’s a closeup of the card:
My second card uses some lighter colors, but still has a masculine vibe to it.
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Balmy Blue cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded to form the base card.
- A 3-7/8 x 5-1/8 layer of Poppy Parade cardstock was placed on top.
- On the 3-3/4 x 5 piece of Whisper White cardstock, the branch image was stamped diagonally across the bottom with Poppy Parade Ink.
- The speckle image from Timeless Textures was stamped randomly (diagonally) with Balmy Blue Ink in the background.
- The greeting was stamped with Early Espresso Ink.
- The Wagon Wheel was stamped with Early Espresso Ink on Crumb Cake cardstock. Sponged with Crumb Cake Ink and hand cut and trimmed across the bottom, then added to the front.
Here’s a closeup…love these colors for a masculine card!
Hope you liked my masculine cards and can use them for inspiration! OK…next up on the Control Freaks Blog Hop is another good friend, Melissa Davies! I love her work, so I know you’ll enjoy her projects, too!
The NEW Annual Catalog is here and we are SO excited with all the FUN new things it offers! Nothing can make you smile more than seeing a garden full of colorful pansies, so for our first Collection we just couldn't resist the gorgeous Pansy Patch Bundle. We know you'll love the embossed Pansy Dies that enhance the detailed Pansy Patch stamp set. Plus, it has some beautiful font greetings! We've used PANSY PATCH BUNDLE with the PANSY PETALS DESIGNER PAPER for a colorful Collection with four card ideas and two gift packaging ideas! See more details HERE!
While we anxiously wait for the new Annual Catalog, do you want a perfect QUICK & EASY Product Class idea that features a couple retiring items? Or, do you often need a little gift box in a hurry? Have your customers (or you!) purchase the Perfect Parcel Dies (clearance for $14) and Flowers for Every Season Designer Paper (clearance for $6.90). You'll get four different box ideas (two are uniquely altered!) using this colorful and seasonal Collection and will have a TON of designer paper left to make more! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: DK7E6VQ6