I think most of us struggle with masculine cards, don’t you? Give me a flower set and I will go to town creating…but more masculine sets take a little more thought process! So, I purchased this stamp set, Country Road, specifically with masculine cards in mind! I made this card for one of the New Catalog Swaps that I participated in.
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Early Espresso cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Very Vanilla cardstock, a 1-1/2 x 5-1/4 strip of Merry Merlot cardstock was placed across the center.
- The country star was stamped with Early Espresso on the Merry Merlot cardstock towards the right side.
- The greeting from Country Road was stamped with Early Espresso Ink below the Merry Merlot strip.
- On the 2-3/4 x 3-3/4 piece of Crumb Cake cardstock, a piece of Wood Textures Designer Paper was angle cut to look like a “roof line” on the bottom.
- The horse weather vane was stamped with Early Espresso Ink above the “roof”
- The edges of the Crumb Cake piece were sponged with Early Espresso Ink and the piece popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A Gold Metallic Pearl was added to the center of the country star.
Here’s a closeup of the card:
My second card uses some lighter colors, but still has a masculine vibe to it.
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Balmy Blue cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded to form the base card.
- A 3-7/8 x 5-1/8 layer of Poppy Parade cardstock was placed on top.
- On the 3-3/4 x 5 piece of Whisper White cardstock, the branch image was stamped diagonally across the bottom with Poppy Parade Ink.
- The speckle image from Timeless Textures was stamped randomly (diagonally) with Balmy Blue Ink in the background.
- The greeting was stamped with Early Espresso Ink.
- The Wagon Wheel was stamped with Early Espresso Ink on Crumb Cake cardstock. Sponged with Crumb Cake Ink and hand cut and trimmed across the bottom, then added to the front.
Here’s a closeup…love these colors for a masculine card!
Hope you liked my masculine cards and can use them for inspiration! OK…next up on the Control Freaks Blog Hop is another good friend, Melissa Davies! I love her work, so I know you’ll enjoy her projects, too!
Use HOST CODE: VB9JV42Q
Create some winter magic with Stampin' Up!'s MAGICAL MEADOW BUNDLE! The delicate sprigs, berries and foliage combined with fine-line greetings promote winter's subtle beauty. Add a birthday, anniversary or get well greeting instead for an extra special message to warm up the cold weather months. Our MAGICAL MEADOW CARD COLLECTION features the MAGICAL MEADOW BUNDLE with the WINTER MEADOW DESIGNER PAPER. There are step-by-step tutorial instructions for SIX cards in this Collection! See more details HERE!
Celebrating a holly, jolly Christmas or any festive occasion is SO easy using Stampin' Up!'s MERRY & BRIGHT STAMP SET & DIES! Mix and match the word block greetings and use the two different types of lights for bright and colorful fun and instant cheer on your paper projects. Our MERRY & BRIGHT COLLECTION features the MERRY & BRIGHT BUNDLE with the MERRY BOLD & BRIGHT DESIGNER PAPER to make quick cards or decorations for any type of party. There are step-by-step tutorial instructions for SIX projects...four card designs AND two gift card holder ideas! See more details HERE!
Winter trees to Christmas scenes, our MERRIEST TREES COLLECTION has you covered! With multiple sizes of trees, presents, ornaments and stars that double as snowflakes, you won't run out of creative options using this set! We featured the MERRIEST TREES STAMP SET AND DIES with the A WALK IN THE FOREST DESIGNER PAPER to share the love of Christmas and the entire winter season. There are step-by-step instructions for four projects...three card designs (one a fun fold) and a special project to use yourself, sell at craft fairs, or give away as a gift during the holidays! See more details HERE!