Yes, one of the first stamp sets I grabbed on the preorder was Abstract Impressions! You know me and flowers. But, did you also know that one of my favorite rose colors is purple? It’s a toss up between the yellow/pink Peace roses and Lavender roses as to which is my favorite. I nearly SQUEALED when I saw the new purples in the Color Revamp! I had the idea to make purple roses…and this came together REALLY quickly!
Here’s a closeup of the card:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Gorgeous Grape cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- A 2 x 5-1/4 piece of Tranquil Textures Designer Paper was adhered to the bottom of a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White.
- Some Mint Macaron Nature’s Twine is wrapped around and tied in a bow to hide the seam.
- The roses were triple stamped on 3 x 3-1/2 Whisper White cardstock…the background in stamped off Highland Heather, the middle with full strength Highland Heather and the top detailed image with Gorgeous Grape.
- The leaves were stamped with stamped off Mint Macaron, the full strength Mint Macaron to fill in around the roses.
- The greeting was stamped with Tranquil Tide.
- The stamped Whisper White panel was adhered to a mat of 3-1/4 x 3-3/4 Gorgeous Grape cardstock and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A couple of the Mint Macaron Faceted Dots were added next to the greeting for a little bling.
I LOVE making these little bags…SO easy!
- To make the bag, cut 6 x 12 piece of Tranquil Textures DSP, score with the 6″ at the top of the Simply Scored Tool at 1-1/4 and 4-1/2. Turn and score with the 12″ at the top at 5-1/4 and 6-3/4.
- Cut flaps from edge to score line. Fold in and adhere to inside FRONT panels. Apply adhesive to outside panels of BACK and adhere inside the front panels..
- Squeeze the top together on the sides so that it form a natural gusset.
- Belly Band is Gorgeous Grape cardstock cut to 1-1/2 x 9-1/2, score the 9-1/2 side at 1-3/4, 3-1/4, 6-1/4, 7-7/8. Wrap around and adhere so the seam is in the front.
- Place and adhere a Pearlized Doily over seam on Belly Band.
- Cut a 1-7/8 circle from Whisper White cardstock with Layered Circles Framelits and stamp the flower and leaves the same as above.
- Ink So Happy from greeting with Tranquil Tide Marker and stamp. Layer on larger Mint Macaron Scallop Circle. Adhere to doily with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add Mint Macaron Faceted Dot under greeting.
- Add a Birthday Mini Binder Clip (retiring soon!) tied with Mint Macaron Nature’s Twine to the top to hold the bag closed.
Here’s a closeup of the bag: