TRICK OR TWEET – It’s Halloween time!
Well, at least it is getting CLOSER to Halloween time! I love fall and Halloween decorating. The Halloween sets that Stampin’ Up! has in their Holiday Catalog are SO fun! I adore that Spooky Bats punch, too!
The Takeout Box is just the perfect size for a couple treats inside…I couldn’t resist making up a Bat from the box! Isn’t he CUTE!!!
- The Takeout Box was cut from Basic Black cardstock with the Framelit and put together as normal.
- The bat wings are Layering Oval Framelits cut from Basic Black cardstock, punched with the 1″ Circle Punch along one side, then score about 1/4″ from the ends and attached to the side of the box with Tear & Tape. They were sponged with White Craft Ink along the edges.
- The bat ears are the heart from the Takeout Box Framelits turned upside down for the point and trimmed from Basic Black cardstock. They were sponged around the edges with White Craft Ink and adhere to the top edge of the box with Monoadhesive Glue.
- The Eyes are 3/4″ punched from Whisper White, the lids are 3/4″ punched from Basic Black and cut in half and sponged with White Craft Ink. The pupils are 3/8″ Circles of Basic Black and the highlights are 1/8″ Circles of Whisper White. They were adhered together and added to the front of the box.
- The mouth is a sliver of Gray Granite cardstock, hand cut, and the teeth are the points cut from Whisper White with the Star Framelit in the Takeout Box Framelits.
- The box was tied closed with a Black Glitter Ribbon bow.
Continuing with the bat theme is the darling little elephant in the Trick or Tweet stamp set!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Basic Black cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded to form the base card.
- Two 1-7/8 x 2-1/2 Pumpkin Pie cardstock pieces and two 1-7/8 x 2-1/2 pieces of the star pattern in Toil & Trouble Designer Paper were added to the front in a grid pattern.
- A 2-1/2 x 3-1/4 piece of Crushed Curry has two corners punched with the Corner Punch and is wrapped with Black Shimmer Ribbon. The greeting “Batty for You” from Trick or Tweet stamp set is stamped with Memento Black Ink.
- The elephant is stamped with Memento Black Ink on Gray Granite and colored the mask and wings with Light Basic Black Stampin’ Blends. He is cut out by hand and popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A couple bats were punched from Basic Black cardstock with the Spooky Bats Punch and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A couple of the large Black Faceted Jewels were added to the bottom panel
- Here’s a closeup…
Hope you liked my bat themed Holiday Catalog items! OK…next up on the Control Freaks Blog Hop is another stamping friend, Kelly Acheson! I love her work, so I know you’ll enjoy her projects, too!