Welcome to Create with Connie and Mary’s FIRST Creatively Simple Challenge! Each month Mary and I will pick a theme…this month it is “Hello” and create a simple card each week using that theme! Now…you know me…less is NOT more in my book! My cards tend to be more advanced! But…I promised Mary that I would give it a try! lol! I just have to remember to take things OFF that I want to use! So…here goes with my FIRST Creatively Simple card challenge!
I used Stampin’ Up!’s free Sale-A-Bration set, Delicate Dahlias, for my card today…in fact I made TWO using different colors! You’ll need to tell me which one you prefer! The first uses some fall flower colors! And the Double Oval Punch frames the greeting from Biggest Wish.
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Pumpkin Pie cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- A 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Early Espresso is added to the front.
- The 3-7/8 x 5-1/8 piece of Basic White was stamped with the Delicate Dahlia stamp in Pumpkin Pie and Bumblebee Inks around the edges.
- Hello from Biggest Wish was stamped with Early Espresso Ink and stamped on scrap Basic White cardstock, then punched with the Oval using the Double Oval Punch. The scallop oval was punched from Early Espresso cardstock. The ovals were adhered together, then added to the center with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A trio of Champagne Rhinestones were added to the background.
Here’s the second version using Misty Moonlight and Flirty Flamingo Inks…more of a summer look, I think! In this one I used the larger block HELLO from Biggest Wish in the center without using a punch. A trio of Holiday Rhinestones in the background.
Which colors do you prefer? Make sure to check out what Mary did for her “Hello” Creatively Simple card over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Ghosts, Skulls, Cats and Pumpkins are hanging out here on Create with Connie and Mary with our CUTEST HALLOWEEN COLLECTION of tutorials! We've designed FOUR fun and easy Halloween favors to give to the ghosts and goblins around your house or workplace! These exclusive treat favors use the CUTEST HALLOWEEN STAMP SET and HALLOWEEN PUNCH, along with the Cute Halloween Designer Paper, and are sure to make the recipient smile! See details here!
We're excited to use Stampin' Up!'s PRETTY PUMPKINS BUNDLE for our next Collection to get us ready for fall! The bundle features pumpkins and vines and leaves...oh my! You'll get three card tutorials (one a special fold card) and a cute fall décor piece you can set out to hold your favorite candy, flowers, or other small items (it's also PERFECT for a tiered tray display!) We've paired the PRETTY PUMPKINS STAMP SET and DETAILED PUMPKIN DIES with the earthy tones of the Beauty of the Earth Designer Paper in this new collection of tutorials. More details here!
Use HOST CODE: W9B3G9EM