Welcome to Create with Connie and Mary’s second Creatively Simple Challenge! Each month Mary and I will pick a theme…this month it is “Hello” and create a simple card each week using that theme!
I used Stampin’ Up!’s Nuts about Squirrels for my simple card today. It really was quite easy to pull together! You could even make it easier by stamping the squirrel directly onto the tree limbs instead of cutting him out like I did!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Shaded Spruce cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- The bottom of the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Basic White cardstock was stamps with the tree limb from Nuts About Squirrels stamp set in Early Espresso Ink twice, stem to stem.
- The solid leaves were stamped with Soft Sea Foam Ink and the veins with Shaded Spruce Ink around the stems.
- The squirrel from Nuts About Squirrels was stamped with Early Espresso Ink on scrap Basic White cardstock and the body detail with Cinnamon Cider Ink. The top of the acorn was stamped with Early Espresso Ink and the bottom with Soft Suede Ink. It was hand-cut and added to the tree limb with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A trio of Champagne Rhinestones were added to the background.
- Hey There from Nuts About Squirrels was stamped with Shaded Spruce Ink above the squirrel.
That’s it!!! Make sure to check out what Mary did this week for her “Hello” Creatively Simple card over on Create with Connie and Mary! Stay tune next week for another Creatively Simple card!
Make someone HAPPY by sharing one of the projects from our next Collection using the RAINBOW OF HAPPINESS STAMP SET and BRILLIANT RAINBOW DIES! Use the stamps and/or dies to create rainbows in your favorite colors! Mix and match the hearts, raindrops, clouds and texture images with the greetings! We've combined this RAINBOW OF HAPPINESS Bundle with the SUNSHINE & RAINBOWS Designer Paper for a coordinated look. Our RAINBOW OF HAPPINESS COLLECTION has SIX projects - FOUR step-by-step card tutorials AND two 3D treat favors that will be perfect to share! See more details HERE!
We are calling for SPRING in our next Collection from the January-June Mini Catalog using the DAFFODIL DAYDREAM STAMP SET and DAFFODIL DIES! These spring flower images are perfect for coloring or use the dies to build flowers in a variety of colors! We've combined this Daffodil Daydream Bundle with the FREE Sale-A-Bration Daffodil Afternoon Designer Paper for a coordinated look. Our DAFFODIL DAYDREAM COLLECTION has THREE step-by-step card tutorials (one a special fold!) and a useful 3D project, perfect for your desk! See more details here!