Welcome to Create with Connie and Mary’s second Creatively Simple Challenge! Each month Mary and I will pick a theme…this month it is “Hello” and create a simple card each week using that theme!
I used Stampin’ Up!’s Nuts about Squirrels for my simple card today. It really was quite easy to pull together! You could even make it easier by stamping the squirrel directly onto the tree limbs instead of cutting him out like I did!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Shaded Spruce cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- The bottom of the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Basic White cardstock was stamps with the tree limb from Nuts About Squirrels stamp set in Early Espresso Ink twice, stem to stem.
- The solid leaves were stamped with Soft Sea Foam Ink and the veins with Shaded Spruce Ink around the stems.
- The squirrel from Nuts About Squirrels was stamped with Early Espresso Ink on scrap Basic White cardstock and the body detail with Cinnamon Cider Ink. The top of the acorn was stamped with Early Espresso Ink and the bottom with Soft Suede Ink. It was hand-cut and added to the tree limb with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A trio of Champagne Rhinestones were added to the background.
- Hey There from Nuts About Squirrels was stamped with Shaded Spruce Ink above the squirrel.
That’s it!!! Make sure to check out what Mary did this week for her “Hello” Creatively Simple card over on Create with Connie and Mary! Stay tune next week for another Creatively Simple card!
Ghosts, Skulls, Cats and Pumpkins are hanging out here on Create with Connie and Mary with our CUTEST HALLOWEEN COLLECTION of tutorials! We've designed FOUR fun and easy Halloween favors to give to the ghosts and goblins around your house or workplace! These exclusive treat favors use the CUTEST HALLOWEEN STAMP SET and HALLOWEEN PUNCH, along with the Cute Halloween Designer Paper, and are sure to make the recipient smile! See details here!
We're excited to use Stampin' Up!'s PRETTY PUMPKINS BUNDLE for our next Collection to get us ready for fall! The bundle features pumpkins and vines and leaves...oh my! You'll get three card tutorials (one a special fold card) and a cute fall décor piece you can set out to hold your favorite candy, flowers, or other small items (it's also PERFECT for a tiered tray display!) We've paired the PRETTY PUMPKINS STAMP SET and DETAILED PUMPKIN DIES with the earthy tones of the Beauty of the Earth Designer Paper in this new collection of tutorials. More details here!
Use HOST CODE: W9B3G9EM