Welcome to Create with Connie and Mary’s Creatively Simple Challenge! Each month Mary and I will pick a theme…this month it is “Get Well”, and we each create a simple card every week using that theme!
I thought Stampin’ Up!’s new Honeybee Home stamp set would be a great Get Well card. I love all the little bees in this set! These hollyhocks remind me of my grandma’s house when I was growing up. She always had a row of them against the garage!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Mossy Meadow cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- A 2-1/2 x 5-1/2 piece of SAB Daffodil Afternoon Designer Paper was added down the center.
- The 2-1/2 x 4 piece of Basic White was stamped with the hollyhocks image in Mossy Meadow Ink across the front, staggering the height. They were colored with Light So Saffron, Dark Daffodil Delight, Light Old Olive Stampin’ Blends.
- The greeting from Inspired Thoughts was stamped with Memento Black Ink in the open area. It was added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The bee was stamped with Memento Black Ink on scrap Basic White cardstock, then colored with Light Pool Party for the wings, Daffodil Delight for the body. It was cut with the Honeybee Blooms Dies and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A trio of Iridescent Rhinestones were added to the background.
Very simple card to mass produce for Get Well cards! Make sure to check out what Mary did this week for her “Get Well” Creatively Simple card over on Create with Connie and Mary! Stay tune next week for another Creatively Simple card!
Use HOST CODE: 4N99JVCA
Build your own pumpkin patch with these fun images in the PICK OF THE PATCH BUNDLE! Mix and match the different sized pumpkins, sentiments, leaves and branches, including a little face for jack-o-lanterns and a friendly crow! The unique PICK OF THE PATCH BUILDER PUNCH helps you quickly punch these images from cardstock or designer paper. We featured the PICK OF THE PATCH BUNDLE with the unexpected O HOLY NIGHT DESIGNER PAPER for some awesome night skies and jewel-tone effects! There are step-by-step instructions for THREE card designs (one a special fold) and a fall decor project! See more details here!
Check out these "jazzy" skeletons in the new BAG OF BONES BUNDLE! So many pieces to mix and max for personalized figures and scenes! Build a spooky scene with tombstones, bats, stars, and even a rickety picket fence using the BAG OF BONES DIES. This bundle is bone-a-fide fun with even a not-so-furry friend or two. Your Halloween crafts are sure to be eerie-sistible! We featured the BAG OF BONES BUNDLE with the THEM BONES DESIGNER PAPER for a spook-tacular collection! There are step-by-step instructions for TWO card designs and TWO treat holder projects! See more details here!
Fill your crate with delightful seasonal flowers and herbs to send good wishes to someone special with the RUSTIC CRATE BUNDLE! The fun RUSTIC CRATE DIES provide cute farmhouse crates, labels, hardware, and gardening gloves as accessories for your floral arrangements! Mix and match any of the sweet sentiments with any image for a personalized touch. We featured the RUSTIC CRATE BUNDLE with the ALL ABOUT AUTUMN DESIGNER PAPER! This tutorial has step-by-step instructions for four projects...three card designs (one a fun fold) and a special gift project! See more details here!