Welcome to Create with Connie and Mary’s Creatively Simple Challenge! Each month Mary and I will pick a theme…this month it is “Thinking of You” and we each create a simple card every week using that theme!
I do have a LOT of stamps…and sometimes it is nice to revisit one that hasn’t been used in a LONG time…probably since it first debuted in the catalog a year ago! But, Prized Peony is one of those sets that I will hold onto…I just love those flowers! And…gray and pink is just one of those “perfect” color combinations!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Polished Pink cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Basic Gray is embossed with the Painted Texture Embossing Folder.
- A 1/2 x 5-1/4 strip of Peaceful Place Designer Paper was added along the left side, along with a 1/4 x 5-1/4 strip of Polished Pink cardstock.
- The peony was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Basic White and colored with Light Flirty Flamingo and Polished Pink Stampin’ Blends, the leaves with Old Olive Blends. It was cut with the Peony Dies and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Thinking of You was stamped with Polished Pink Ink on Basic White and cut from that cute tag in Frightful Tags Dies (or use a 1/2 strip of Basic White).
- A duo of In Color Jewels were added to the background.
So yes…this was a LITTLE more involved that usual…but you could simplify it by hand-cutting the Peony instead of dies, not embossing the background and using a strip of paper for the greeting! Make sure to check out what Mary did this week for her “Thinking of You” Creatively Simple card over on Create with Connie and Mary! Stay tune next week for another Creatively Simple card!
Our popular TECHNIQUES Collection is back with SIX new techniques for cards! We are featuring the upcoming BLESSINGS OF HOME STAMP SET and FLOWERS OF HOME DIES (available for demos to preorder now and customers on January 3) along with the techniques. These flower images are so pretty to color or leave monochromatic for a vintage look! We've also paired the Bundle with the HEART & HOME DESIGNER PAPER on our SIX technique card tutorials. See more details here!
Don't you LOVE a great tree set? We do! In this bundle, use the trees singly or build an entire forest! They aren't just for Christmas cards, this bundle can be used year-around to build a woodsy scene. For our Collection, we've paired Stampin' Up!'s WHIMSICAL TREES STAMP SET and CHRISTMAS TREE DIES with the WHIMSY & WONDER DESIGNER PAPER to create three cards (one a special fold card) and a fabulous 3D project you can't wait to use...just in time for the holidays! See more details HERE!