I started as a demo in May of 2002…17 years ago last week! Unbelievable! AND…I just hit my $500,000 in year-to-date sales! WOOHOO!!! That is unbelievable, too. Did you know I started out completely as a hobby demonstrator for the first couple years. Then a friend asked me to hold a class with some friends and show them a few techniques…that grew into the full-time business that I have today.
I’m not sure if I ordered Lovely As A Tree in my starter kit, or if I ordered it on one of my first orders. But, I still have my original Wood Block set…the last of my wood blocks ones! It has a sticker on it dated 2001. A fun fact…there have been over 210,000 Lovely As A Tree stamp sets purchased in the 18 years since it was revealed…the longest stamp set in Stampin’ Up!’s history! The artist still works at Stampin’ Up! She said she did the artwork for this set with pen and paper…no computer renderings for her! Amazing!
Anyway, this is a recreation of the first card I made using my Lovely As A Tree set. It was my Convention swap card and Christmas card in 2002. I wish I would have kept it. I know I used Brushed Silver cardstock instead of Silver Foil I used here. And used a different script Merry Christmas for the greeting. This one is from Star of Light. Here’s how I made it…you may be surprised!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Night of Navy cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 Silver Foil paper was cut with the largest oval in Layering Ovals Framelits.
- A 3-3/4 x 5 piece of Window Sheet was stamped with the tree in Black Stazon to fit in the oval.
- On the back side of the Window Sheet, the Fine Tip Glue Pen was used to dot on the snowflakes and added to the branches. It was covered with Dazzling Diamonds Glitter and let dry. It is SOOO sparkly in real life! It was adhered behind the Silver Foil paper, then to the front of the card.
- Merry Christmas from Star of Light was stamped with Black Stazon on the front of the Silver Foil paper.
Really a simple card, but I received SO many compliments on it! I still love it, too!
Hope you have enjoyed the walk in the past. Make sure you grab this versatile Lovely As A Tree stamp set before it goes away completely!
Our SIX WEEKS of Christmas tutorials continue with the whimsical Merry Moose stamp set! Who doesn't think this moose is adorable? It is a perfect stamp set for people who loves the outdoors, or it makes great masculine cards! Our MERRY MOOSE COLLECTION will get you ready for Christmas AND other holidays, too! This EXPANDED Merry Moose Collection of tutorials has four Christmas card ideas, two birthday card ideas, and two small favor boxes that you will LOVE for your craft shows and gift giving anytime! See more details HERE!