I started as a demo in May of 2002…17 years ago last week! Unbelievable! AND…I just hit my $500,000 in year-to-date sales! WOOHOO!!! That is unbelievable, too. Did you know I started out completely as a hobby demonstrator for the first couple years. Then a friend asked me to hold a class with some friends and show them a few techniques…that grew into the full-time business that I have today.
I’m not sure if I ordered Lovely As A Tree in my starter kit, or if I ordered it on one of my first orders. But, I still have my original Wood Block set…the last of my wood blocks ones! It has a sticker on it dated 2001. A fun fact…there have been over 210,000 Lovely As A Tree stamp sets purchased in the 18 years since it was revealed…the longest stamp set in Stampin’ Up!’s history! The artist still works at Stampin’ Up! She said she did the artwork for this set with pen and paper…no computer renderings for her! Amazing!
Anyway, this is a recreation of the first card I made using my Lovely As A Tree set. It was my Convention swap card and Christmas card in 2002. I wish I would have kept it. I know I used Brushed Silver cardstock instead of Silver Foil I used here. And used a different script Merry Christmas for the greeting. This one is from Star of Light. Here’s how I made it…you may be surprised!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Night of Navy cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 Silver Foil paper was cut with the largest oval in Layering Ovals Framelits.
- A 3-3/4 x 5 piece of Window Sheet was stamped with the tree in Black Stazon to fit in the oval.
- On the back side of the Window Sheet, the Fine Tip Glue Pen was used to dot on the snowflakes and added to the branches. It was covered with Dazzling Diamonds Glitter and let dry. It is SOOO sparkly in real life! It was adhered behind the Silver Foil paper, then to the front of the card.
- Merry Christmas from Star of Light was stamped with Black Stazon on the front of the Silver Foil paper.
Really a simple card, but I received SO many compliments on it! I still love it, too!
Hope you have enjoyed the walk in the past. Make sure you grab this versatile Lovely As A Tree stamp set before it goes away completely!
The In The Pines Stamp Set and Pine Wood Dies have some BEAUTIFUL trees in several shapes and sizes! For this In The Pines Collection, we've made FIVE cards (one a special fun fold), and a neat 3D project everyone can enjoy! Two of the cards are non-Christmas to give you an idea how to use this bundle all year around! We've paired this set with the Tis The Season Designer Paper. See the details here!
Who can resist Stampin' Up!'s sweet stamp set bundle, Freezin' Fun! Those little critters DO look like they are having SO much fun racing down those snowy slopes! We've made three cards (one a really "cool" fun-fold card), and a darling 3D project using the FREEZIN' FUN STAMP SET AND FREEZIN' FRIENDS DIES for this Collection, paired with the Snowflake Splendor Designer Paper! You won't want to miss getting this one! See more details HERE!