Funny how it works some times. I purchased the Happy Watercolor stamp set thinking that it would be one that I used a lot. I think I've only pulled it out TWICE. One was for my Control Freaks swap that I I haven't posted yet. The other time was to make this card. In fact, this was the prototype for my swap card, but I went in a different direction. I don't know what it is about this stamp set, but I'm having a mental block when I sit down to use it. I've seen some lovely examples…I just don't get inspired. Now…give me Petite Petals…and I can go to town! lol!
Here's what I did:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Baked Brown Sugar, folded in half.
- On a 4 x 5 1/4 piece of So Saffron cardstock, I added a 1 1/2 x 4 piece of Retro Fresh Designer Paper.
- Next I wrapped the Baked Brown Sugar Ruffled Ribbon along the seam and secured it on the back.
- I stamped the branch flowers twice with Baked Brown Sugar above the DSP, then colored them with the So Saffron Marker.
- I stamped You Make Me Happy with Pool Party Ink and punched with the Decorative Label Punch and placed on the front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Finally, I made a bow from the Gold Bakers Twine and added it on the stem with a Mini Glue Dot.
I hope you like it! I'm excited because Carter is coming over today to do his Valentines! His mom picked out a design and it is SO cute…I'm excited to help with them!
It's not too late to join! We are JUST starting Week 2 of our Create with Connie and Mary Spring Collection 2014 featuring the Occasions and Sale-a-bration brochures and have shown several fun projects so far! When you join, you'll be able to go back and see what we've done AND be one of the first to see the new projects. These are perfect for your classes and stamp camps, or to get EXCLUSIVE ideas on gifts, decorating and cards…you won't see these ideas posted ANYWHERE else! For less than $1 each step-by-step photo tutorial, you get over 18 projects and 24 card ideas at a price of only $29.95 US! Join us today over on Create with Connie and Mary!!!