I thought I’d shown you a card that I made for my grandson, Carter, who turned 7 in June! He has just started reading the first book in the Harry Potter series and loves it! I was inspired by several cards I found on Pinterest. Since I don’t actually have the card in front of me any more, I’ll try to figure the sizes from memory as much as possible!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Bumblebee cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- A 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White is adhered on top.
- The hair is 2 x 4 and hand cut.
- The bottom scarf is 1-1/2 x 4 piece of Bumblebee cardstock, the three 3/4 x 1-1/2 pieces of Merry Merlot cardstock added on top to form the stripe.
- The glasses were cut with the Layering Circles Dies or Punches 1-1/2 and 1-3/4, from Basic Black cardstock. The stems are 1/8 strips cut to size.
- The eyes are 3/4″ Circles punched from Basic Black cardstock.
- The eye highlights are 1/8″ circle punched from Whisper White cardstock.
- The number 7 and lighting bolt are cut from the Harry Potter Alphabet printed on my computer.
He was SO excited to open it! One of the things we got him was the Harry Potter Lego Set that coordinated!
Hope you enjoyed!
We all know that dogs are a person's best friend and Stampin' Up!'s new CHRISTMAS SCOTTIES BUNDLE is adorable and not just for Christmas! These festive Scottish Terrier pups are all ready to wish anyone some cheer any time of the year! In this CHRISTMAS SCOTTIES CARD COLLECTION, we have four all-occasion and two Christmas card ideas for a total of SIX card design tutorials! We've paired the Christmas Scotties Stamp Set and Scottie Dog Punch along with the CELEBRATIONS TAG DIES and new Black & White Designs Designer Paper with some bright colors to dress them up! See more details here!
The classically beautiful Cottage Rose Stamp Set and Cottage Flowers Dies is next up in our collection of tutorials. From buds to blossoms, beautiful floral silhouettes and accent pieces allow you to range from simple to elegant! Six all-occasion greetings will complete the timeless look. Our Cottage Rose Collection has SIX card design tutorials! We've paired the Cottage Rose Stamp Set and Cottage Flower Dies with the new Abigail Rose Designer Paper and some bright colors in this Collection for a fresh look! See more details HERE!