I thought I’d shown you a card that I made for my grandson, Carter, who turned 7 in June! He has just started reading the first book in the Harry Potter series and loves it! I was inspired by several cards I found on Pinterest. Since I don’t actually have the card in front of me any more, I’ll try to figure the sizes from memory as much as possible!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Bumblebee cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- A 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White is adhered on top.
- The hair is 2 x 4 and hand cut.
- The bottom scarf is 1-1/2 x 4 piece of Bumblebee cardstock, the three 3/4 x 1-1/2 pieces of Merry Merlot cardstock added on top to form the stripe.
- The glasses were cut with the Layering Circles Dies or Punches 1-1/2 and 1-3/4, from Basic Black cardstock. The stems are 1/8 strips cut to size.
- The eyes are 3/4″ Circles punched from Basic Black cardstock.
- The eye highlights are 1/8″ circle punched from Whisper White cardstock.
- The number 7 and lighting bolt are cut from the Harry Potter Alphabet printed on my computer.
He was SO excited to open it! One of the things we got him was the Harry Potter Lego Set that coordinated!
Hope you enjoyed!
We are calling for SPRING in our next Collection from the January-June Mini Catalog using the DAFFODIL DAYDREAM STAMP SET and DAFFODIL DIES! These spring flower images are perfect for coloring or use the dies to build flowers in a variety of colors! We've combined this Daffodil Daydream Bundle with the FREE Sale-A-Bration Daffodil Afternoon Designer Paper for a coordinated look. Our DAFFODIL DAYDREAM COLLECTION has THREE step-by-step card tutorials (one a special fold!) and a useful 3D project, perfect for your desk! See more details here!
Our next Collection in the January-June Mini Catalog is the darling SWEET CONVERSATIONS STAMP SET and SWEET HEARTS DIES! These cute heart graphics can be used for more than Valentine's Day, think birthdays, anniversaries, weddings...or anytime you want to share a little heart love! We've combined this Sweet Conversations Bundle with the Sweet Talk Designer Paper which also has stripes and non-Valentine prints! Our SWEET CONVERSATIONS COLLECTION has THREE step-by-step card tutorials (one a special fold!) and a cute 3D project to fill with treats! See more details here!