I thought I’d shown you a card that I made for my grandson, Carter, who turned 7 in June! He has just started reading the first book in the Harry Potter series and loves it! I was inspired by several cards I found on Pinterest. Since I don’t actually have the card in front of me any more, I’ll try to figure the sizes from memory as much as possible!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Bumblebee cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- A 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White is adhered on top.
- The hair is 2 x 4 and hand cut.
- The bottom scarf is 1-1/2 x 4 piece of Bumblebee cardstock, the three 3/4 x 1-1/2 pieces of Merry Merlot cardstock added on top to form the stripe.
- The glasses were cut with the Layering Circles Dies or Punches 1-1/2 and 1-3/4, from Basic Black cardstock. The stems are 1/8 strips cut to size.
- The eyes are 3/4″ Circles punched from Basic Black cardstock.
- The eye highlights are 1/8″ circle punched from Whisper White cardstock.
- The number 7 and lighting bolt are cut from the Harry Potter Alphabet printed on my computer.
He was SO excited to open it! One of the things we got him was the Harry Potter Lego Set that coordinated!
Hope you enjoyed!
Ice cream, ice cream, we all scream for ice cream! And, of course, popsicles, too! For our latest Collection of tutorials, we are using the Sweet Ice Cream Stamp Set and Ice Cream Cone Builder Punch! You'll get SIX unique tutorials that include four cards (one a special fold), a treat box and a special 3D favor! See more details HERE!
Stampin' Up!'s FLOWERING CACTUS PRODUCT MEDLEY is a GREAT value and everywhere you look, cacti are featured as part of home décor! We loved the whimsical cactus images and "punny" greetings in the stamp set, so just had to use it for our next Collection! The Flowering Cactus Product Medley kit comes with stamps, dies, designer paper, felt flowers, and two colors of linen thread, everything you need to make it EASY to create! You'll get FOUR unique tutorials that include three cards (one a special fold), and a fun organizing project! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: SW7NGG27