Happy Monday! It’s time for our Create with Connie and Mary Inspiration Monday challenge! This week’s inspiration is a fun floral headpiece!
It looked like flowers you’d find in Hawaii to me, so I pulled out Timeless Tropical stamp set for my card.
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Crumb Cake cardstock and scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Crumb Cake was stamped with the speckle stamp in Beauty Abounds in the upper left and lower right corners.
- The flowers were stamped with Versamark on Shimmer White cardstock, then embossed with White Embossing Powders.
- I spritzed the cardstock with water, then used an AquaPainter and Poppy Parade, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Mango Melody, Shaded Spruce and Old Olive Ink Refills to give the watercolor look to the flowers. They were cut out with the In The Tropics Dies.
- The top of the Pineapple and two of the small ferns were cut with the Dies from Shaded Spruce cardstock.
- The greeting was stamped with Shaded Spruce on Whisper White and punched with the Label Me Fancy Punch.
- Everything was added to the Crumb Cake llayer with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The centers of the flowers were cut with the Die from Daffodil Delight cardstock, then added with Mini Glue Dots.
- Some red Holiday Rhinestones (still available!) were added to the centers and one green one to the pineapple top.
Love how colorful the flowers are, and it is such a FUN technique using embossing and watercoloring! OK…check out what Mary did with the Inspiration Monday Challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary!
We are calling for SPRING in our next Collection from the January-June Mini Catalog using the DAFFODIL DAYDREAM STAMP SET and DAFFODIL DIES! These spring flower images are perfect for coloring or use the dies to build flowers in a variety of colors! We've combined this Daffodil Daydream Bundle with the FREE Sale-A-Bration Daffodil Afternoon Designer Paper for a coordinated look. Our DAFFODIL DAYDREAM COLLECTION has THREE step-by-step card tutorials (one a special fold!) and a useful 3D project, perfect for your desk! See more details here!
Our next Collection in the January-June Mini Catalog is the darling SWEET CONVERSATIONS STAMP SET and SWEET HEARTS DIES! These cute heart graphics can be used for more than Valentine's Day, think birthdays, anniversaries, weddings...or anytime you want to share a little heart love! We've combined this Sweet Conversations Bundle with the Sweet Talk Designer Paper which also has stripes and non-Valentine prints! Our SWEET CONVERSATIONS COLLECTION has THREE step-by-step card tutorials (one a special fold!) and a cute 3D project to fill with treats! See more details here!