It’s time for Create with Connie and Mary’s Inspiration Monday!!! I love the abstract look to this series of paintings (in fact, I’d love to hang this in MY home!) So, I wanted my card version to have the same feel as the painting and pulled out my Touches of Texture stamp set…an oldie, but goodie!
Here’s what I designed…what do you think?
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Pool Party cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White cardstock was sponged at the bottom and top with Island Indigo Ink, going from dark at the edges and lighter towards the center. An area closer to the top was left completely white.
Here’s a photo of the stamp set I used so you can see the texture images I chose:
- The smaller/denser spatter spray (for the flower) was used with Crushed Curry Ink across the white portion of the Whisper White layer.
- The lacy “stem” was stamped four times full strength below the flower “heads” with Island Indigo Ink, then stamped off several times in between the “stems”.
- The greeting from Lots of Happy was stamped with Island Indigo on Whisper White, then punched with the Tailored Tag punch. (I love that this stamp set coordinates with the Tailored Tag!)
- A length of Pool Party Shimmer Ribbon was wrapped around the front and secured behind the Whisper White layer, then the tag added with Stampin’ Dimensionals on top.
- The little draonfly was stamped with Island Indigo Ink on scrap Whisper White, colored with the Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blends, then cut out by hand and added to the tag.
What do you think? Does it have the same feel as the inspiration photo with lots of texture? I sure think so!!! And, I love the abstract look to it! OK…make sure to check out what Mary did with this inspiration photo over at Create with Connie and Mary!
Our newest tutorials featuring the FANTASTIC Country Home Collection are NOW AVAILABLE! We fell in love with the "farmhouse" style of the Country Lane Suite of products and are excited for you to see what we did with them! We have three cards (one a special fold) and a wonderful home decor project, all designed by Connie and Mary! See all the details HERE!