It’s time for Create with Connie and Mary’s Inspiration Monday!!! I love the abstract look to this series of paintings (in fact, I’d love to hang this in MY home!) So, I wanted my card version to have the same feel as the painting and pulled out my Touches of Texture stamp set…an oldie, but goodie!
Here’s what I designed…what do you think?
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Pool Party cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White cardstock was sponged at the bottom and top with Island Indigo Ink, going from dark at the edges and lighter towards the center. An area closer to the top was left completely white.
Here’s a photo of the stamp set I used so you can see the texture images I chose:
- The smaller/denser spatter spray (for the flower) was used with Crushed Curry Ink across the white portion of the Whisper White layer.
- The lacy “stem” was stamped four times full strength below the flower “heads” with Island Indigo Ink, then stamped off several times in between the “stems”.
- The greeting from Lots of Happy was stamped with Island Indigo on Whisper White, then punched with the Tailored Tag punch. (I love that this stamp set coordinates with the Tailored Tag!)
- A length of Pool Party Shimmer Ribbon was wrapped around the front and secured behind the Whisper White layer, then the tag added with Stampin’ Dimensionals on top.
- The little draonfly was stamped with Island Indigo Ink on scrap Whisper White, colored with the Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blends, then cut out by hand and added to the tag.
What do you think? Does it have the same feel as the inspiration photo with lots of texture? I sure think so!!! And, I love the abstract look to it! OK…make sure to check out what Mary did with this inspiration photo over at Create with Connie and Mary!
Wow! Have you noticed Stampin' Up!'s PLENTIFUL PLANTS BUNDLE in the new Annual Catalog? So many fun plants and containers to mix and match, plus there is a macramé hanger in it! We've used the PLENTIFUL PLANTS STAMP SET AND PERFECT PLANTS DIES with the coordinating BLOOM WHERE YOU ARE PLANTED DESIGNER PAPER in this Collection! You'll get three card tutorials (one a fun fold) and a cute little container idea to make for yourself or give as a little gift! More details here!
You don't need to be a "Top Chef" to enjoy our new WHAT'S COOKIN' COLLECTION! These cooking utensils and greeting images are SO fun for the baker or cook in your life! We've used the WHAT'S COOKIN' STAMP SET and COOKIN' DIES with the BRIGHTS 6x6 Designer Paper in this Collection! You'll get three card tutorials (one a fun fold) and a sweet (or savory!) packaging idea that makes a great gift for your host/hostess! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: FMKEVSGR